[SOLVED] just a question

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
are there any settings in the bios that i can change other than cpu, gpu and ram to increase performance
asus prime b450mk
ryzen 5 3400g 4.2ghz
hyperx fury rgb 16gb 8gb*2 3066mhz
zalman wattbit 500w 83+psu

Solution
fans are at max speed, if im not wrong ur the one who answered my freeze issue, and what is smt btw. and is that it? no other settings? as i see sooo many settings in the bios idk about

SMT is Simultaneous Multi-Threading. You see this with things like "6 cores, 12 threads". Each core is supporting 2 threads with SMT enabled, and supports 1 with it disabled. There are many other settings in your BIOS that you could change, but they aren't really performance related. One thing you could do is to turn on precision boost overdrive, and let that give you slightly better performance.

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
is there any settings in the bios that i can change other than cpu, gpu and ram to increase performance
asus prime b450mk
ryzen 5 3400g 4.2ghz

You could, in theory, change fan curves to make your system cooler, and therefore have more thermal headroom for boosting algorithms. Other than that, disabling SMT may give you a bit of a bump in frame rate in games.

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
You could, in theory, change fan curves to make your system cooler, and therefore have more thermal headroom for boosting algorithms. Other than that, disabling SMT may give you a bit of a bump in frame rate in games.
fans are at max speed, if im not wrong ur the one who answered my freeze issue, and what is smt btw. and is that it? no other settings? as i see sooo many settings in the bios idk about

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020

SMT is Simultaneous Multi-Threading. You see this with things like "6 cores, 12 threads". Each core is supporting 2 threads with SMT enabled, and supports 1 with it disabled. There are many other settings in your BIOS that you could change, but they aren't really performance related. One thing you could do is to turn on precision boost overdrive, and let that give you slightly better performance.

Solution

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
okay thanks dude :D

are there any settings in the bios that i can change other than cpu, gpu and ram to increase performance
asus prime b450mk
ryzen 5 3400g 4.2ghz
You might re-examine your approach.

With Ryzen APU's it's generally better to not overclock the CPU but instead max out the GPU. Also to go after memory overclocking.

So if you're overclocking CPU it could be limiting what you're able to get with the GPU and therefore actually hurt gaming performance.

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
You might re-examine your approach.

With Ryzen APU's it's generally better to not overclock the CPU but instead max out the GPU. Also to go after memory overclocking.

So if you're overclocking CPU it could be limiting what you're able to get with the GPU and therefore actually hurt gaming performance.
umm what??

TRENDING THREADS