ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

I asked for advise relating to my Dell 4100 video problem a couple of days
ago. I would like to thank all who responded to my need for help.
Especially want to thank "Tweek" for his advice. You suggested a nVidia fan
problem and I thought there was no fan. Why did I say that - because it was
frozen solid and I couldn't tell it was a fan until I removed the card. The
card obviously was cooked. You also suggested I look at geeks.com for a
replacement. I did that and for $13.90 got a new card that is great. It
only took 1 day to arrive and is now installed and my machine works like it
hasn't for a long time with the video back to a nice clean window! Thanks
again. Now I can take my time researching parts for a new machine.

Ray

Ray wrote:

> I asked for advise relating to my Dell 4100 video problem a couple of days
> ago. I would like to thank all who responded to my need for help.
> Especially want to thank "Tweek" for his advice. You suggested a nVidia fan
> problem and I thought there was no fan. Why did I say that - because it was
> frozen solid and I couldn't tell it was a fan until I removed the card. The
> card obviously was cooked. You also suggested I look at geeks.com for a
> replacement. I did that and for $13.90 got a new card that is great. It
> only took 1 day to arrive and is now installed and my machine works like it
> hasn't for a long time with the video back to a nice clean window! Thanks
> again. Now I can take my time researching parts for a new machine.

Happy to hear your problem was solved and thanks for posting feedback
(very few do). Shows good manners.