Question Just as I thought the problem is fixed, BSOD's are back

verynicethx

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
First of all, specs:

mbo: msi b450 tomahawk max
cpu: ryzen 5 3600
gpu: asus rtx 2060 super dual evo oc
ram: Corsair Vengeance low profile 2x8gb@3600 CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 (bdie - I won the ram lottery basically)
hdd: wd black 1tb sata
hdd1: wd blue 3tb sata
ssd: samsung 860 (i think) evo 500gb
monitor: benq xl2546 240hz
psu: evga supernova g3 550w

Basically all I play lately is warzone, yesterday first it gave me some error and then second time bsod

temps are fine, memtest ran on both sticks at the same time overnight, 0 errors, ran till the end, i heard it's not needed to test each stick, it's only done incase you get an error so you can know which one exactly is the faulty one, is this true?
I thought the problem is fixed because normal xmp would crash my games without error and give me bsods and msi recommended i use their "memory try it", (more like "memory replace it") feature in bios so i did, months after, here it goes again.

I need to know what's wrong with my system, could it be my old hdd? It's like 4-5 years old I think, but isn't an hdd here only to load a map ingame and that's it? My windows is on my ssd.

Could it be that the cpu can't run this ram at 3600mhz? QVL list says it's compatible @3600mhz, but ryzen's site says "up to 3200mhz", pretty confusing.

Here's a screenshot of the dump bsod view, I'll upload the dump also, will edit soon.

https://prnt.sc/1v1y1yt googling this I found some people ended up having to replace ram, is it possible that's it my ram?

edit: everything is up to date, including windows 10 and bios, even did DDU

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in that build? For the sake of relevance, you're advised to mention your BIOS version, the OS version and the driver version, so we know for sure you're on the latest versions. A lot of people come around here and mention latest then after half a thread realize that there were updates pending. As for your platform, did you manually input the frequency, timings and voltage in BIOS? Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

verynicethx

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
How old is the PSU in that build? For the sake of relevance, you're advised to mention your BIOS version, the OS version and the driver version, so we know for sure you're on the latest versions. A lot of people come around here and mention latest then after half a thread realize that there were updates pending. As for your platform, did you manually input the frequency, timings and voltage in BIOS? Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?
Like 3-4 years old I believe. 550w. Latest drivers, bios also (well not the latest beta one, but the problems were here even before that bios update). So far I believe warzone is at fault, but any help is appreciated. Do I need to upload minidump? 100% latest updates btw. Not manually input, using settings recommended by qvl list of my mbo. Automatic xmp, my ram is bdie. Running dual channel, slot 1 and 3