Question Just assembled a new rig. Motherboard receives power, but case power button does nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProtoflareX

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
As mentioned in the title, I have just assembled a new rig. When I flip the PSU's switch to the on position, the motherboard's LEDs light up, so I know that the motherboard is receiving power. However, when I press the power switch on my case, nothing happens. Similarly, nothing happens when I press the power switch on the motherboard itself. I originally thought the issue might be a mistake with my front cable connections (this is what I have currently: pic1, pic2), but if the motherboard power switch does nothing, then unfortunately, the issue isn't that simple is it? Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Ralston18

Titan

ProtoflareX

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
This motherboard?

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X570-PRO/

And this User Guide:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X570-PRO/E15659_PRIME_X570-PRO_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

Any problems per the motherboard's LED's per Section 1.1.6, Page 1-8?

Any BIOS beeps per Section 2.3, Page 2-17?

Reread the User Guide and doublecheck that all connections are correctly and firmly in place.

If so, do you have another known working PSU to try?

I spent the day testing the mobo and inquiring on various other forums. Eventually I reached the conclusion that the mobo was DoA and decided to request a replacement. Thank you for taking the time to try and help me, though.

PS: There really isn't a need for this thread to exist anymore, so if possible can it be deleted?

Would you not wish to have the advice you were given, remain here to help other folks?

Alll the Copyright of anything written in Tom's is then owned by the holding Company but if you have a specific reason, please send me a Private message and I'll speak with Mods and other colleagues before taking action.

Status
Not open for further replies.