Aug 8, 2014
X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
ryzen 7 2700x
RTX 2070 Super
nzxt kraken x62
750 watt power supply rmx white
1tb ssd
16 gb ddr4 ram

Hey guys I get major fps drops during explosions using recommended setting in battlefield 5 and apex legends. I have updated my drivers and have also checked my temperatures under load and they look fine. I updated all of my drivers using an application and am probably going to delete all of my files and do a clean reboot of windows 10 64bit this happens in all of the games that i play and also keep in mind i have also upgraded my pc from a gtx 1070 to an rtx 2070 super. is it because the drivers are bad for the rtx 2070 super right now?

Solution
Windows fresh install would be a good idea. If you want to try something before the reset . Try using Ddu ( display driver uninstaller) it will completley rrmove all the drivers found in ur computer that might be causing troubles . When you uninstall succesfully . Do a clean install of your current gpu's driver. If you decide to use ddu please read carefully how to use the app before installing it.
What about all other PC games, apart from BF5 and APEX legends ? How do they perform, assuming you play other graphic demanding games as well ? Have you tried forcing VSYNC via the Nvidia control panel, or through the in-game settings ?

Yes, try doing a FRESH and a clean re-install of the Windows OS as well.

ELM2721

Prominent
May 28, 2019
Windows fresh install would be a good idea. If you want to try something before the reset . Try using Ddu ( display driver uninstaller) it will completley rrmove all the drivers found in ur computer that might be causing troubles . When you uninstall succesfully . Do a clean install of your current gpu's driver. If you decide to use ddu please read carefully how to use the app before installing it.

Solution

cfranktps

Honorable
Aug 8, 2014
X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
ryzen 7 2700x
RTX 2070 Super
nzxt kraken x62
750 watt power supply rmx white
1tb ssd
16 gb ddr4 ram

Hey guys I get major fps drops during explosions using recommended setting in battlefield 5 and apex legends. I have updated my drivers and have also checked my temperatures under load and they look fine. I updated all of my drivers using an application and am probably going to delete all of my files and do a clean reboot of windows 10 64bit this happens in all of the games that i play and also keep in mind i have also upgraded my pc from a gtx 1070 to an rtx 2070 super. is it because the drivers are bad for the rtx 2070 super right now?

I found that it may be because I have not updated chipset drivers and also my mobo does not support pcie 4.0 but my gpu uses pcie 4.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cfranktps

Honorable
Aug 8, 2014
That doesn't matter, as PCI-E is backwards compatible. But first of all, the GPU supports the Bus Interface PCIe 3.0 x16, not 4.0. Though, any Video card will work on your motherboard, which supports GEN 3.0.

fde7f05e505d3878f6956b4aeb06d1b6.jpg

I am getting spikes like these since updating windows to 1903 on my cpu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk