Just bought a NEC1760V-BK and love it

muxx

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2003
The monitor is very clear and crisp. I have not been able to notice any dead pixels.

At first when I hooked up the monitor I had vertical lines every 1" or so and the text was not clear. So played with all the resolutions and refreshrates and drivers and nothing helped.

So I thought it may be the video card, which is a TNT PCI 32Meg card.

I replaced it with a Nvidia Viper550 16M AGP card that I had laying around and everything was 100x's clearer and no vertical lines. I couldnt believe how much a difference just the video card made.

What is the best way to clean the monitor, do you know of any good cleaners I can purchase at "office Max, Staples, Circuit City, CompUSA"?

Any questions feel free to ask.

muxx

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2003
I bought it at Circuit City for $499 - $50 mail in rebate. I know I could have gotten its for $399 at newegg but I didnt feel like waiting for the shipping and just incase I had a dead pixel I didnt want to deal with returning it, its much easier to deal with a local store.

I the only negative comment is the small buttons on the monitor but once they are set you dont need to touch them.

I am glad I chose this model.

FancyShwancy204Z

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2003
correct me if i'm wrong, but if you had any problems with the LCD, you would have to deal directly with the manufacturer. Especially on the issue of dead pixels.