Question Just bought a new CPU, motherboard and RAMs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Daniel Youssef

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
So, I just recently upgraded my PC from : i7-4770 3.4ghz processor, B85-HD3 motherboard, 4x4 1600 Mhz DDR3 RAMs

to: i7-8700 3.2 base ghz(up to 4.3-4.6 ghz), B360 Aorus gaming 3 wifi, 1x16 DDR4 3000mhz (operating on 2666 mhz) (GPU: Gtx 1050 ti )

my problem is I feel that the games' performance have been less than before the upgrade? i've been experiencing weird FPS drops.... for example league of legends, i'm running on medium-low settings and I get 120fps and sometimes they drop to 10?
meanwhile a game like Bioshock infinite running on ultra with 100 fps constant no drops in frames, I tried a game like Darksiders 3 the default graphics settings were on low and when I tried increasing it to medium I got 60 fps with constant drop to 35-30

PS: I really don't know if the PC is running on integrated GPU or not and also in dxdiag, says (8gb of rams are shared?)

Daniel Youssef

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Well after a huge research it turns out dual channel and single channel is not the problem, never could be in that huge difference in FPS, it could perhaps increase or decrease my fps by like maximum 10 frames but I was looking up CPU bottlenecks and GPU bottlenecking and it says that if like my CPU is being utilized more than my GPU then it's CPU bound and also my CPU is the bottleneck?

i tried playing rainbow six siege again now and tried all different resolutions too and they all give me the exact same FPS 40-50 which is ridiculous, I monitored both my GPU and CPU usage and my CPU goes from 80% to sometimes 100% while my GPU is only 56% of usage, shouldn't that mean that my CPU is bottlenecking somehow? or what?