Question Just bought and installed new cpu and fan and computers graphics not performing as they were before.

Nov 30, 2020
I bought a pc from ibuypower a couple months ago and it came with a i5 9400f, gtx 1650 super, and a gigabyte b365m ds3h motherboard. I upgraded my i5 to a i7 9700k (it was on sale for black friday) and installed a noctua NH d15. I booted up cod cold war and was lagging and skipping really bad even after I optimized setting In the GeForce experience app. I even benchmarked it and it says everything is working smoothly. I checked and my gpu is running at approximately 5-10% while playing games, before it was running at around 60-70%, that seems kind of weird to me because I didn't think my gpu usage would change or go down with the installation of a new cpu. My cpu is running as it should and so is my ram. I was only able to install one of fans on the noctua so I don't know if that is a part of the problem or maybe my gpu isn't getting enough power. There is also a possibility that my mother board isn't powerful enough to support all of this. I have also heard that updating my bios might help. I'm new to computers so I don't really know how to go about fixing it. I'm not sure why my computer isn’t preforming, but hopefully someone here can figure it out.

I bought a pc from ibuypower a couple months ago and it came with a i5 9400f, gtx 1650 super, and a gigabyte b365m ds3h motherboard. I upgraded my i5 to a i7 9700k (it was on sale for black friday) and installed a noctua NH d15. I booted up cod cold war and was lagging and skipping really bad even after I optimized setting In the GeForce experience app. I even benchmarked it and it says everything is working smoothly. I checked and my gpu is running at approximately 5-10% while playing games, before it was running at around 60-70%, that seems kind of weird to me because I didn't think my gpu usage would change or go down with the installation of a new cpu. My cpu is running as it should and so is my ram. I was only able to install one of fans on the noctua so I don't know if that is a part of the problem or maybe my gpu isn't getting enough power. There is also a possibility that my mother board isn't powerful enough to support all of this. I have also heard that updating my bios might help. I'm new to computers so I don't really know how to go about fixing it. I'm not sure why my computer isn’t preforming, but hopefully someone here can figure it out.
I wouldn't expect much of an upgrade from i5 to i7 of same generation.
Most games are optimized for up to 4 cores and some even for single core operation.
There's no much of single core performance difference between those two CPUs despite higher boost on single core.
Playing at 1080p or less is mostly up to CPU, not GPU. At higher frequencies and settings, GPU is the one that takes more brunt.
I would install new BIOS and make sure boost is properly enabled and set
NH d15 should be doing good job for cooling and temperature shouldn't slow it down but check it under full load anyway.

Nov 30, 2020
I wouldn't expect much of an upgrade from i5 to i7 of same generation.
Most games are optimized for up to 4 cores and some even for single core operation.
There's no much of single core performance difference between those two CPUs despite higher boost on single core.
Playing at 1080p or less is mostly up to CPU, not GPU. At higher frequencies and settings, GPU is the one that takes more brunt.
I would install new BIOS and make sure boost is properly enabled and set
NH d15 should be doing good job for cooling and temperature shouldn't slow it down but check it under full load anyway.
So I was trying to install the new bios that came out in August for my mother board last night. I went to their site and went to my mother board. I downloaded the bios and extracted it onto a usb 3. Then I went to the q flash interface and tried to install and when I selected the file for install I kept getting an error and it wouldn't let me install. (I have a gigabyte b365m ds3h wifi motherboard.)