just bought "Philips 242G5DJEB". Impulse purchase, now...regret?

Hendaia_xg

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Found it for 199€, probably the cheapest 144Hz monitor over here. Cheapest than ACER GN246HLB which is 220€.
I thought "wow, it cost 300€ before and its a philips, I cant go wrong!" instabuy.

Now waiting the order and reading some reviews, well I dont know what to think. I did not want to spend too much money so that is ok however the ACER has 3D support.

I dont care too much about 3D, I just want the 144Hz. However for 20€ more 3D is there in the ACER. I could give it a shot in the future. Also if I sell the monitor in the future a 3D one has more value. fffff I dont know what to do, I can email the shop and cancel the order.

What do you think about? its a good purchase? 3D feature is for nvidia only? maybe SteamVR works well? I have no idea. I cant go to sleep now lol. OK now waiting some opinions here. Thanks in advance!.

Hendaia_xg

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Well when I created the thread I was mixing nvidia 3D vision with VR, hehe...

Sure, Im testing it. I love the 144Hz but the colours and presets are terrible, I had a TN before but this one... i dont know,probably I just need to find a good config and get used to it.
Anyway the price of the monitor increased after my order and there aren't any dead pixels. So Im happy with it.