Question Just built a computer and bios is acting strange

Dragon155

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2016
Hey all,

Just built a second computer today and the bios is acting nothing short of weird. Attached below is the picture. Computer boots just fine, no warning lights on the motherboard, it even boots into windows properly. However, my m.2 isn't detected and its due to a setting in the bios that needs to be changed. No big deal, until the bios starts opening almost "windows" infront of each other, and then fully freezing. Beyond that, the language for the configuration is in two different languages, when in the top right I have english selected. Frankly no clue what is wrong with it, stress tests in windows work fine, it's effectively going to be a NAs, so the gaming side of things is not important. I've built my fare share of computers, and not had any issues up until now, this one is puzzling to me.

Specs:
MSI Z490-A pro
i3-10105f
650w thermaltake power supply
16gb corsair vengeance ddr4 3200mhz
crucial p3 500gb m.2 nvme
nvidia nvs 510 (I know old as dirt lol)

What I've tried
Reseating Cpu/cooler
resetting CMOS
updating BIOS
Both sticks of memory/swapped slots/single channel with both

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm confused as to why the system works perfectly until I enter the bios.

https://prnt.sc/9Neu0whhj9oJ

Lutfij

Titan
Thermaltake is the brand of the PSU while 650W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model for the PSU?

I'd try and clear the CMOS by disconnecting from the wall and display, then removing the CMOS battery then press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Replace the battery after 30 mins. I'd also try and reflash the BIOS with a version prior, i.e, 7C75v2D and see if the issue persists.

Reactions: Dragon155
Thermaltake is the brand of the PSU while 650W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model for the PSU?

I'd try and clear the CMOS by disconnecting from the wall and display, then removing the CMOS battery then press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Replace the battery after 30 mins. I'd also try and reflash the BIOS with a version prior, i.e, 7C75v2D and see if the issue persists.
If these steps do not help... then considere getting a replacement.

Dragon155

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2016

My mistake, wasn’t thinking right. It’s a thermal take smart B2 power supply 650w.

Cmos battery is out with nothing plugged into the motherboard, will give it a check then. Regardless, this is a problem I have never encountered so who knows what the issue is. Thank you.

Dragon155

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2016
Gotta love technology, I reinstalled windows and now everything is working right. Resetting the CMOS didn’t help, it continued doing the same thing, so I reinstalled the m.2, wiped it, installed windows again, and low and behold it’s working…