Just Built A Gaming PC And Games Keep Freezing Or Crashing To Desktop Whilst Playing

redsky39

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
I recently built a new computer, and i had a lot of trouble with blue screens caused by video sheduler internal errors, I have subsequently fixed that I think, however games i play still continually crash to desktop or freeze when im playing them.
This may occur on loading screens or in game, and it has happened 5 seconds into the game or three hours into the game, there seems to be no pattern to it.
I've checked the temperature of all my components, and they are all running at normal temps, I've re-downloaded my video card drivers more times than i can count and I even carried out a full PC reset the other day and that also did nothing. Please help I'm starting to go mad.

Here are my specs:
AMD Ryzen 1200 CPU
MSI Gaming Plus MOBO
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance @2666
Samsung 850Evo SSD
Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 1Tb HD
GTX 1050 Ti
EVGA 500W PSU
TP-Link Wifi PCIE Card

Solution
How long have you had the system up and running? long enough for it to have generated bloatware, ad-ware, malware, etc? Might have a software issue rather than hardware. Give CCleaner a run and see if anything improves.

Also, don't be running other stuff in the background when you game if you can help it.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
How long have you had the system up and running? long enough for it to have generated bloatware, ad-ware, malware, etc? Might have a software issue rather than hardware. Give CCleaner a run and see if anything improves.

Also, don't be running other stuff in the background when you game if you can help it.

Solution

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from redsky39 : "Games freeze or crash to desktop whilst playing"

redsky39

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Thanks for the reply man, I’ll give CCleaner a try but I’ve only had the PC for a month and I’ve had Malwarebytes on it from the beginning, but I’ll try it all the same.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

If you're sure the temps are OK, you might investigate the RAM sticks you're using. Be sure one of them isn't bad. I'd run Memtest on each stick individually for at least one full pass. If any errors show up, the stick is likely faulty.