Just Built A New PC & Getting Balls with PPL!

swordmaster

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
HI Everyone

I just built my new Pc and already I'm getting **** from ppls. they telling me that i should have waited for the new Amd quad cores or Intel's peryn and this is really letting my cool down.

my pc specs

E6850
2 gig ram
8800 GTX 768
500 GB HD
750W power supply
22 inch lcd
asus mobo that suports quads

Just asking you guys if my pc will last me a long time and how long will it last?
help plz :pfff:

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
LOL.Look dude,you have nothing to worry about with your new system.It sounds like maybe a few friends are jealous.Enjoy and take comfort in the knowledge that others envy you.Goodluck.

Dahak

dswissmiss

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007
Well, when they get their Penryns and stuff just yell at them for not waiting for 8 core or whatever the hell comes out next!
The way I see it (just to give you an example) my plan is to upgrade my Video Card and Ram every 2 years, my CPU and Mobo every 4 etc... just pick a rough price point for each part and go with it. I can't worry about what I'm about to miss out on, cause there is always something new about to come out.

Great PC btw!

pausert20

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006

Well, that is about the best gaming rig you can put together right now. The absolute best Dual Core processor that is not an Extreme. The Best Graphics card that is not totally insane in price. The 22 inch LCD is the best at price for viewable area.

I would tell those people to stuff it. You have the motherboard to update to a Quad core when there are enough games that really justify needing one.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
There is always something around the corner. That rig will definitely keep you happy until the Yorkfield comes out and has the time needed to drop to a reasonable price. Tell your "friends" that the grapes are indeed sweet.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
That rig build is cool, i don't think you will have any problem with games for a long time. Maybe i would have switched the e6850 for a Quad, but it's only a matter of preference.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006

Crysis she would have been a little more "Playable" On the quad since she does take advantage of all she can get interims of more CPU-GPU. Since you are mentioning Ultra Quality.