[SOLVED] Just built a new PC- No post, no beep codes, no fans running.

Exposure_

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
Specs (note that the gpu is a refurb, but it is the model on the part list)

So... I recently put together a new pc for myself, but when i try to boot it up i have no post, no beep codes, no chassis or cooler fans running, and a power button that does not do anything. Im stumped. I've tried to diagnose it myself and figure it out for probably around 6 hours over the last 2 days and cant figure it out. I figure I need some new eyes on it. Maybe I'm missing something simple and blatant, or maybe it's faulty parts? Im willing to try anything at this point. I'll go into more depth below.

So when I initially finished putting this thing together, I tried posting but realized that i forgot to plug in the connectors for the chassis fans. so i turned it back off and plugged em in, however; before i turned it off the cpu cooler fan was running, this is no longer happening when attempting to post. the chassis fans never ran regardless of being plugged in or not. the gpu lights come on and the blower is running, a red led on the motherboard pulses when flipping the switch on the psu, this pulses before and after i press the actual power button however i think this is just a feature of this particular motherboard. To go further in depth, I will post some crucial pictures below with context.

completely off, inside view.
image0.jpg
left of the cpu cooler is the cha_fan1/wp port which the back chassis fan is plugged into.

left of the cpu cooler is also the atx12v1 port which the 8pin cpu power cable is plugged along with it being plugged into the psu (2x4 pin on motherboard and 1x8 pin on psu.)

right of the ram is the cpu_fan1 port which the cpu cooler is plugged into, 18 pin mb cable connected to psu as well. right of the ram is also the 2 sata cables from my hdd and ssd which also plug into the sata power cable in back of the pc which will be shown in a following picture. and lastly the usb 3 cable is also plugged into the usb 3 slot to the right of the ram.

on the gpu are two 8 pins that also plug into 2 pci-e slots on the psu.
below the gpu is the cha_fan2 slot which the front chassis fan is plugged into, along with this are the tiny 1 and 2 pin cables like the pwr btn hdd led and reset btn. all are plugged in correctly along with the hd_audio1 cable and slot.

completely off, back view
image2.jpg

psu fan facing downward towards filter

ssd is plugged into motherboard via a 6gbps sata 3 data cable and a sata power cable

hdd is also plugged in via 6gbps sata 3 data cable and a sata power cable.

image4.jpg
image1.jpg

PSU Cables
image3.jpg
open slots on the psu include

- a 10 pin motherboard cable to the right of the 18 pin mb power cable

- an 8 pin cpu power cable (1/2 is plugged in)

- 2/3 six pin sata ports

io view
image5.jpg

GPU includes 3 DP and 1 HDMI

Motherboard has 1 HDMI and 1 DP

Power supply switch on Power supply switch on & power button on
image6.jpg
image7.jpg
red motherboard LED i was talking about

RAM View

image8.jpg

Any replies will be so so so so appreciated, thank you so much!
PS i will try my best to reply to any questions that you may have.

Solution
clip. you mean the retention clip at the end of the slot? that is not a requirement. if the retention clip is broken but the slot is working I see no need to reduce the cards performance by more than half. the card will need support in lieu of the R-clip. my card is supported by stacked legos. that PCIe slot is wrapped in metal to make sure it is robust. move the card back and use something like a support to keep the card from sagging.
example only
iu

not my system but you get the gist.

I had this ready and the old thread was deleted

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
clip. you mean the retention clip at the end of the slot? that is not a requirement. if the retention clip is broken but the slot is working I see no need to reduce the cards performance by more than half. the card will need support in lieu of the R-clip. my card is supported by stacked legos. that PCIe slot is wrapped in metal to make sure it is robust. move the card back and use something like a support to keep the card from sagging.
example only
iu

Solution

Exposure_

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
example only
iu

will do thank you, i just wasn't sure if i could keep it in that slot so i moved it, I will move it back! :)