Question Just Built A PC and it won’t show nothing on the monitor HELPPP

Oct 20, 2021
Hey everyone on this website I have an issue,

Recently I got into making a pc, I got all my pieces and I put all of the equipment together yesterday and it boots up (turns on, the fans work,etc..)however my monitor is stays black and says “no hdmi cable detected”. With that said I can’t get into BIOS or update drivers. It shows on the Led Indicator that it’s on VGA but it’s green so idk if it good or bad. I also tried to use on ram stick and everything is connected correctly but just don’t know why it’s doing this.
I know the monitor works for a fact because I use it yesterday on my ps5.

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z490-A LGA 1200 (Intel 10th Gen) ATX Motherboard (14 DrMOS Power Stages,Dual M.2, Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet, USB 3.2 Front Panel Type-C, Thunderbolt 3 Support, Aura Sync RGB

CPU: Intel i7-10700KF LGA 1200 10th generation

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Super

Nov 3, 2021
Wait, so you're getting a POST signal, right? Any beep codes or anything once you start the system up? Just to clarify, you've tried both the HDMI port on your GPU and the port on your motherboard and still no signal?

Nov 3, 2021
so all that money I put in was for nothing

Not necessarily; that simply means the CPU you have doesn't have any integrated graphics. It will still function perfectly as a processor. It's more an issue of your video card not actually being detected by the BIOS of your motherboard from the sound of it. You've checked that you have the PCI cables properly plugged into your Graphics card?

Reactions: rgd1101
Oct 20, 2021
Not necessarily; that simply means the CPU you have doesn't have any integrated graphics. It will still function perfectly as a processor. It's more an issue of your video card not actually being detected by the BIOS of your motherboard from the sound of it. You've checked that you have the PCI cables properly plugged into your Graphics card?
Yes

Nov 3, 2021
What @rgd1101 said most recently will probably be your best bet; I know it's inconvenient. I just went through an extrmely similar issue as you where my GPU just stopped working outright. My solution was RMAing the card and sending it back to Gigabyte. They "repaired" it, but I'm still having issues with my card.

Best of luck to you!

Hey everyone on this website I have an issue,

Recently I got into making a pc, I got all my pieces and I put all of the equipment together yesterday and it boots up (turns on, the fans work,etc..)however my monitor is stays black and says “no hdmi cable detected”. With that said I can’t get into BIOS or update drivers. It shows on the Led Indicator that it’s on VGA but it’s green so idk if it good or bad. I also tried to use on ram stick and everything is connected correctly but just don’t know why it’s doing this.
I know the monitor works for a fact because I use it yesterday on my ps5.

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z490-A LGA 1200 (Intel 10th Gen) ATX Motherboard (14 DrMOS Power Stages,Dual M.2, Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet, USB 3.2 Front Panel Type-C, Thunderbolt 3 Support, Aura Sync RGB

CPU: Intel i7-10700KF LGA 1200 10th generation

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Super
If the monitor accepts display port or dvi try one of those.