Just built custom gaming pc but i dont think my liquid cooler is cutting it any suggestions on a new one?

kwikplumbing

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
I just built a custom gaming pc which currently has
- Intel I9 7900X processor
- Asus TUF X299 Mark 2
- Trident Z 32GB 3600Mhz
- Asus Geforce GTX 1080 ROG Strix OC Edition 8GB GPU
- CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i v2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm
- KKmoon Segotep Computer Power Supply GP900G Full Modular ATX PC Gaming PSU 12V Active PFC SLI Ready 91% Efficiency 80Plus Gold Universal AC Input 100-240V 800W
- Dell Alienware AW3418DW LED-Lit Monitor 34.1" 3440X1440 Resolution with ambient lighting on the back
- Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB gaming mouse with number pad on the side
- Roccat gaming keyboard with gel padding to put it in your lap

Please any suggestions to upgrade and make this a better computer would greatly be appreciated. i know i need a different coolant system because its loud and cant keep up with serious gaming. My hardware runs hot. Should i add more fans? I currently have 4 internal case fans plus 3 on my GPU and my water coolant system. Any suggestions please feel free to let me know? This is my little hobby project so i dont mind spending the money obviously with the processor i chose lol. Thank you!

You can cut down a lot on heat by delidding your CPU and either using higher quality thermal compound or liquid metal. I'm personally not a fan of AIOs, as are a lot of people because of there over hyped performance considering high quality coolers like the Noctua NHD15 will outperform them without the possibility of pump failure or coolant leaks. So if it were me get a nice air cooler like the NHD15 (if you hate the color they sell their Chromax kits as well as black fans), be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Phanteks PH-TC14PE etc.

kwikplumbing

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
Does the liquid cooler that your suggesting fit a LGA 2066 socket? Also is that liquid cooler or fan? i really want a liquid cooler and i want something powerful that will have no problem cooling my i9 7900x processor and possibly my GPU if its a custom loop were i can cool my gpu also even though the current fans and radiator on my gpu seem to be doing the job but id prefer a liquid cooler on it.