[SOLVED] Just built my first ever pc, turns on but shows no display

Minipiwi

Reputable
Apr 19, 2020
As the tittle says, this is my first pc build. I've put everything together but when I turn it on, the lights are on and the fans rotate but there's no display. I've redone the ram sticks, changed there different gpus, made sure things are plugged in but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
So is there anything else I can do? I'm really just about to take it to a pc place and see if they can rest the parts. I've had the parts since July since I've been waiting on them all to get here so I'm hoping I just <Mod Edit> up how it's meant to be put rather than a DOA item.
Last thing to try is remove everything including motherboard from the case. Reseat CPU into socket. Install 1 stick of RAM into slot. Connect all power to motherboard. Connect HDMI cable to motherboard. Short the power pins on motherboard.

Minipiwi

Reputable
Apr 19, 2020
Maybe something isn't compatible. Hard to tell.
I bought the stuff from a pcpart pickers and saying nothing about compatibility issues. Here are the specs
Intel i9-9900k 3.6ghz 8-core
NZXT kraken z73 73.11 cfm liquid cpu cooler
MSI MPg Z390 Gaming Pro CARBON AC ATX LGA 1 151 motherboard
Corsair vengeance RGB Pro 32 GN (2 x 16 gb) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Samsung 970 Evo 500 gb M.2-2280 NVME SSD
Thermal take Toighpowe GF1 ARGB 750 W 80+ Gold certified fully modular ATX power supply
GPU isn't here yet but planned on a 3070 and rn I have an RX 580 8gb black edition plugged in.

Minipiwi

Reputable
Apr 19, 2020
Did you make sure ALL power cables are attached to motherboard? Including the EPS on the top, left of motherboard?
I'm sure I did, I plug in the cpu labeled cables, and the mobo has two slots but the psu only gave me one. Would a pic of the build turned on work? Everything including the mobo turns on, I have no idea why I can't get display for the bios to install windows.

Minipiwi

Reputable
Apr 19, 2020
I don't know what standoffs are, so I couldn't tell you. If it's the tiny things you connect that say pwr and such, I connected them correctly even tho I had two resets. One of them was mislabeled as when I switched them the pc turned on.