Question Just built my new computer but its not getting any power?

Jul 1, 2023
I have assembled a new build
CPU : RYZEN 5 5600G
MOTHERBOARD : MSI B550 GAMING GEN3
RAM : 16GB 8x2
STORAGE : 1TB NVME
GPU : RTX 3060 12GB
PSU : CORSAIR RX 750M
After assembling the whole computer and connecting all the necessary wires, i got a problem where there was no power in the system. I have tried things like jumping the power switch and it didn’t work. One more thing is that if i dont update my bios and put the cpu in and connect everything will the computer still work without updating the bios to support the ryzen 5000 series.
Thanks in advance.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
One more thing is that if i dont update my bios and put the cpu in and connect everything will the computer still work without updating the bios to support the ryzen 5000 series.
R5 5600G doesn't need latest BIOS to work on B550 chipset MoBo.

After assembling the whole computer and connecting all the necessary wires, i got a problem where there was no power in the system.
You did breadboard the MoBo beforehand and made sure it works, right?

If not, well, hard to say why it doesn't work. One option is:
* take out your GPU from the PC (fully) and connect monitor to MoBo. Look if you see any life in PC.

Also, double/triple check all power connections and make sure they all are fully seated. Especially 4/8-pin EPS and 24-pin ATX.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
The problem is there is no power in the system nothing turns on not even the psu fan
Did you made sure that there is power in the wall socket?

Btw, PSU fan doesn't have to turn on. Most PSU fans, nowadays, turn on only when PSU itself gets hot.

No i did not

And with this, one of them or all of them, are dead: CPU, MoBo, RAM, GPU, PSU.

If you take out your GPU and connect monitor to MoBo, with same, 0 life results, dead components would be: CPU, MoBo, RAM, PSU.

Was it bought new or used/refurbished? Since 0 life usually points towards PSU issue.

Try and click on checklist to make sure you 100% connected right things to the correct parts on motherboard

Jul 1, 2023
Did you made sure that there is power in the wall socket?
Yes there was power in the socket
Btw, PSU fan doesn't have to turn on. Most PSU fans, nowadays, turn on only when PSU itself gets hot.
Thanks for letting me know G.
If you take out your GPU and connect monitor to MoBo, with same, 0 life results, dead components would be: CPU, MoBo, RAM, PSU.
Ok i will try it.
Was it bought new or used/refurbished? Since 0 life usually points towards PSU issue.
I bought a new one.

I have assembled a new build
CPU : RYZEN 5 5600G
MOTHERBOARD : MSI B550 GAMING GEN3
RAM : 16GB 8x2
STORAGE : 1TB NVME
GPU : RTX 3060 12GB
After assembling the whole computer and connecting all the necessary wires, i got a problem where there was no power in the system. I have tried things like jumping the power switch and it didn’t work. One more thing is that if i dont update my bios and put the cpu in and connect everything will the computer still work without updating the bios to support the ryzen 5000 series.
Thanks in advance.
You should use the bios flashback function of the motherboard to install the latest bios, I think there is a good chance it will solve your problem.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
You should use the bios flashback function of the motherboard to install the latest bios, I think there is a good chance it will solve your problem.
Suggesting BIOS update on a PC that has serious power delivery issues is only asking to brick the MoBo.

Once the power delivery issue is solved and PC can comfortably stay powered on while in BIOS - only then the BIOS update should be done. Else-ways, there is high chance of BIOS corruption due to power loss.

Also, do you reimburse new MoBo to OP when they use your suggestion and BIOS gets corrupted? :unsure:

Suggesting BIOS update on a PC that has serious power delivery issues is only asking to brick the MoBo.

Once the power delivery issue is solved and PC can comfortably stay powered on while in BIOS - only then the BIOS update should be done. Else-ways, there is high chance of BIOS corruption due to power loss.

Also, do you reimburse new MoBo to OP when they use your suggestion and BIOS gets corrupted? :unsure:
I thought it was no post not no power. If there is no power then the OP would be unable to do a bios flashback anyway.

TRENDING THREADS