[SOLVED] Just built new pc and cant connect to the internet

Nov 10, 2019
So i just built my first gaming pc and as i installed windows 10 and booted it up, i went to connect to the internet and it says i don't have a network adapter. So i looked up solutions and couldn't find one that worked. Then i was told i shouldn't need a network adapter as i always use LAN and it should just plug in and work. But this wasn't the case as my pc doesnt detect my ethernet cable that i know works because it works my ps4 and i don't know what to do because i spent so much money on this pc and i just want it to work. Can anybody help?
Motherboard is Gigabyte B450 Gaming

kanewolf

Titan
Reactions: atljsf and dudio
Solution
All modern motherboards will have a lan network adapter.
If you look in device manager you will likely see a ethernet network adapter with a yellow exclamation point indicating no driver.
Kind of catch 22.
Use another pc and download the driver to a usb stick and use that to update your motherboard adapter.

Reactions: brokeBuilder2019
Nov 10, 2019
All modern motherboards will have a lan network adapter.
If you look in device manager you will likely see a ethernet network adapter with a yellow exclamation point indicating no driver.
Kind of catch 22.
Use another pc and download the driver to a usb stick and use that to update your motherboard adapter.
I dont see any ethernet adapter there even when i show hidden devices

Nov 10, 2019
Then you need to go to a functioning computer and either copy the files from the CD or go to https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450M-GAMING-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver and download the chipset and realtek LAN driver. That should get your PC on the network. You can then download the rest directly.
Then you need to go to a functioning computer and either copy the files from the CD or go to https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450M-GAMING-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver and download the chipset and realtek LAN driver. That should get your PC on the network. You can then download the rest directly.
when I go to the lan driver downloader it says "The Realtek Network controller was not found"

Nov 11, 2019
Download the drivers below on another computer and copy it to a usb drive. Goto your new PC plug your usb drive in and open the folders and run the installers that are in them and follow the on screen instructions. Make sure to install the Chipset Driver first then the LAN driver

LAN driver - here

Chipset Driver For Ryzen 3rd Gen - here

or

Chipset Driver for Athlon 200 Series APU - here

The boys have you covered. Go to another PC, download all your drivers, and install them via USB. I also had this same issue when trying to install my WIFI adapter. I didnt have a cd-rom and I couldnt get on the internet.

So I just used my phone, downloaded the files, hooked up my phone, boom installed and ready to go. Maybe you could use your phone too to make it simpler? Good luck!

Nov 10, 2019
So i bought a CD driver plug in to download my Drivers from the CD and even after i did all this i still cant connect via Ethernet Cord.

if it is saying it is working properly in devicemanager and you see a blinking light on the back of your PC when you have the ethernet cable connected then you will have to look into your internet setup. it may be a bad ethernet cord or a bad port on your modem/router

Nov 10, 2019
if it is saying it is working properly in devicemanager and you see a blinking light on the back of your PC when you have the ethernet cable connected then you will have to look into your internet setup. it may be a bad ethernet cord or a bad port on your modem/router
People been saying that but my cord works fine for my ps4 and i dont see anything about it in my device manager or any blinking lights

at his point aside from sending the board in for service for a bad network adapter i would update the motherbord to the latest BIOS version as a last resort.

you will have to do the same as other people here were suggesting in getting drivers by downloading the BIOS update from a device with a working internet connection