Just built new PC, blue screens.

Kuosa

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
Okay so I have just put together a new build, all the parts arrived today and assembled them all;
CPU: AMD FX8320 Black Edition
Mobo: MSI 907a-643
Ram: 2X 4gb Kingston HyperX
PSU: Corsair Builder series 430W
GPU: Geforce gtx 640

Now for storage, I decided to put my HDD from my previous pc in there as it would mean I still have my OS and all my work. When I first started it up, it went straight to the bois and asked me if i would like to configure new settings or start up with previous settings, and I decided to configure new ones. I went through the bois and made sure everything was in check before I booted it up then when i did, it went to the starting windows logo then just reset itself and displayed the windows error recovery. The OS I have is windows 7. I decided to just follow the error recovery to see if it would correct itself but didn't find any solutions and now i'm stuck.

If anyone could offer any help that would be brilliant!

Solution
It's never a good idea to use your hard drive with an operating system from another system and place it in a new one with different components and expect it to work. You should first start with a new install of the operating system and see if you continue to have the problem.

neieus

Distinguished
It's never a good idea to use your hard drive with an operating system from another system and place it in a new one with different components and expect it to work. You should first start with a new install of the operating system and see if you continue to have the problem.

Solution