[SOLVED] Just built PC.. is this normal??

Kusky

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2013
It’s very loud, well louder than what I was expecting. But as this is my first build and I’m used to laptop I didn’t know if it was normal. Here’s a video of it (turn volume up and listen for when I turn off for comparison) https://youtu.be/E-Mtvyn8zJA

Also my monitor won’t display anything through display port..

Kinda depressing as I was expecting it to be quiet and also work. I followed every guide. Could it be because two of my front fans are mounted to a radiator and one isn’t?

Solution

The thing is if you can't get any picture on your monitor, and you can't get into your BIOS to tune the fans, any sound you demonstrate in your video is pointless. You need to solve the real problems first. Getting fans quiet is easy once you can setup their profiles.

xxscienceboyxx

Honorable
Nov 30, 2018

What fans did you use? That is a big factor in noise. And also, if you used a liquid CPU cooler, or if you have a liquid GPU cooler. The pump might make noise.

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
You need to show us video of the connection on the back of your machine. The fan sounds don't mean a thing, when you have not configured your fan profiles in the bios. And you can always get quieter fans. You want higher CFMs and lower dBA. A lot the cheap fans that come shipped with cases are no where close being the best quiet ones, they are cheap for a reason, and the pretty lights are to distract you from that fact. Pay attention to the CFM and dBA specs of the fans.

My preferred fan is this:
https://www.microcenter.com/product/404994/cougar-cfv12hpb-hydro-dynamic-bearing-120mm-case-fan

The cougar fan is good for CFV12HPB. 70 CFM for 18 dBA.

Kusky

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2013

What do you mean show back of case, is that relating to display port or fan noise?

Kusky

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2013

Well the video was mainly for sound, to see if it’s meant to be that loud. After looking up some other threads I’m starting to think maybe the fans connected to my CPU cooler are at 100% some reason. As my 3rd which is connected to the motherboard seems slower. I’ve just gotta work out how have them all run normal speeds.

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018

The thing is if you can't get any picture on your monitor, and you can't get into your BIOS to tune the fans, any sound you demonstrate in your video is pointless. You need to solve the real problems first. Getting fans quiet is easy once you can setup their profiles.

Solution