Question Just changed to a new case, cpu issue.

Apr 17, 2019
I just changed over to a new case,, I took a picture of everything from every angle so I didn't mess it up. Get it all put together and turn it on and it says no signal on the monitor. On my motherboard has a little red light that says cpu. I'm not sure what to do at this point?

OF_freeCn

Commendable
Apr 12, 2019
Hello,
Please list out the full specs of your pc in a list. This way we can find solutions MUCH more easier.
Also, did you forget to plug in your CPU cable in? It could be a 8 pin connector or 6 or 4 on your motherboard. The pc won't start if the processor has no power.

Reactions: Nead36
Apr 17, 2019
Hello,
Please list out the full specs of your pc in a list. This way we can find solutions MUCH more easier.
Also, did you forget to plug in your CPU cable in? It could be a 8 pin connector or 6 or 4 on your motherboard. The pc won't start if the processor has no power.
I have an amd 2700x w/wraith cooler, aorus b450m motherboard, evga 1070 ftw2 and a coolermaster MasterWatt 750 80plus bronze. Everything else turns on but it just won't boot up and has a red light indicating an issue with the cpu.

OF_freeCn

Commendable
Apr 12, 2019
I have an amd 2700x w/wraith cooler, aorus b450m motherboard, evga 1070 ftw2 and a coolermaster MasterWatt 750 80plus bronze. Everything else turns on but it just won't boot up and has a red light indicating an issue with the cpu.
When you switched the case, did you take every component out of the motherboard and then putting them all back in the motherboard when you were done?
And if you did do that, there might be a chance you bent one of the CPU's gold pin or you installed it the wrong way.

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED
When you switched the case, did you take every component out of the motherboard and then putting them all back in the motherboard when you were done?
And if you did do that, there might be a chance you bent one of the CPU's gold pin or you installed it the wrong way.

Hopefully he left the cpu in the socket and didn't damage the pins. I would pull the battery, unplug the psu and reset the BIOS.