Mar 28, 2022
I was just wondering if this build i put together (honestly probably isnt good) if the parts are compatible with one an another an just wanted to have someone to proof check it if you dont mind.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7CtTC6

Im new to PC build,I'm most likely will see if best buy could put it all together for myself but needed to make sure its alll work-able together
hell i dont even know if i should also buy thermal paste for them to use as well or if they will provide that themselves.
but ill appreciate any feedback also,just trying to learn.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution
If you think you will have more money for a GPU in the future or if you think GPU prices will come down, you could just use the integrated graphics in the CPU for a while and not buy a GPU now. Not all CPUs have integrated graphics.

Micro ATX is fine for a lot of users who aren't going to fill up all the slots in the board. You need to be sure any motherboard has the features you want....number and kind of drive ports, type of monitor connections; RAM slots, audio provider, Ethernet provider, etc.

Build quality can be shaky regardless of your choice. If you are a heavy duty overclocker, maybe you lean toward full ATX for a better VRM situation, but that's not you.
Your link indicates a possible BIOS incompatibility.....

More importantly....

What do you intend to do with this PC?

What led you to those particular parts? Budget? What somebody told you? Random choices?

Your CPU has built-in video capability and you've also chosen a separate video card. That may or may not make sense depending on your intent..........which we know NOTHING about.

Purpose of the PC and total budget....name them to get proper guidance.

Reactions: Crazyfireboy
Mar 28, 2022
I plan to mostly play games like Escape from tarkov an Eve online,mabye try out Apex but so far thats all im really interested in at the moment,Budget is most likely spending around $800 or $900 Maximum, i just like the idea of being able to possibly upgrade for future endeavors but i have no ideas at the moment.
also a possibility to overclocking sounds nice but i dont know when exactly that would be needed.
those parts are honestly random choices with the idea of budget now the graphics card i honestly dont know because i know the CPU comes with built in graphics but i dont know if that would work out well or not.

I plan to mostly play games like Escape from tarkov an Eve online,mabye try out Apex ......................Budget is most likely spending around $800 or $900..................i just like the idea of being able to possibly upgrade for future endeavors.................. a possibility to overclocking sounds nice...................those

Game at what settings?

No monitor in your list. No operating system. You already have those?

If you want to be able to upgrade the CPU in the future, you need to be careful to get a motherboard that will still be compatible with those future CPUs. Motherboard sockets change over time and can prevent future CPU upgrades.

Overclocking is possible, but less of a big deal than years ago when it was quite beneficial. Often done nowadays purely as a hobby rather than to get big gains.

Mar 28, 2022
Game at what settings?

No monitor in your list. No operating system. You already have those?

If you want to be able to upgrade the CPU in the future, you need to be careful to get a motherboard that will still be compatible with those future CPUs. Motherboard sockets change over time and can prevent future CPU upgrades.

Overclocking is possible, but less of a big deal than years ago when it was quite beneficial. Often done nowadays purely as a hobby rather than to get big gains.

No idea what im gunna do for a monitor, currently using a Asus monitor im borrowing at the moment an i plan to buy a Windows activation key off G2a website for when it comes to that, i would like to be able to have like Medium game settings atleast.

i plan to buy a Windows activation key off G2a website for when it comes to that,

I don't know G2a from a side of beef, but you need to be very careful about the authenticity of a Windows license. You could be in for a rude awakening in spite of what you've read or been told.

Generally....

Don't get in a rush. Consider both AMD and Intel.

I did not know Best Buy will assemble parts for you.

Does that mean you would have to buy the parts from Best Buy?

Would they assemble it without Windows, and then you take it home and install Windows yourself, using your G2a license?

Mar 28, 2022
from my understanding they will build the PC as long as i have the parts that are compatible. an if need i can provide the windows 10/11 key for them if it becomes a issue. an im only headed towards AMD cpu's route for more of a cheaper option.

KyaraM

Admirable
You realize that finding GPUs for 200$ is nearly impossible right now, unless you pick a 6500XT which is not worth the money I hope.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CgxMcb

I think this is about the cheapest you can get with recent hardware, since I'm not sure how the availability is with older cards. The one you linked isn't available anymore in the US.

I don't know G2a from a side of beef, but you need to be very careful about the authenticity of a Windows license. You could be in for a rude awakening in spite of what you've read or been told.

Generally....

Don't get in a rush. Consider both AMD and Intel.

I did not know Best Buy will assemble parts for you.

Does that mean you would have to buy the parts from Best Buy?

Would they assemble it without Windows, and then you take it home and install Windows yourself, using your G2a license?
Don't know about BestBuy since I'm not from the US, but here in Europe, some online retailers offer assembly services. The most basic on the website I ordered from only requires a mainboard, CPU, cooler, and RAM to do so for the most basic system level; mainboard and CPU if you just want, say, the mainboard to run on the latest BIOS. The highest, most expensive level of assemly is the full system minus GPU, which is what I did due to time constraints; simply lacking the time lately to do a full system assembly myself nowadays. No need for the OS. But any shop should be able to assemble your system without an OS, it's not necessary for stability testing, even.

About the license, unless you buy from a very shady website, they are usually legit. I use one of those myself, though from a different store. They are often refurbished or from prebuilts that weren't sold and then taken apart to salvage whatever they could, including licenses. Just look out for certificates that point to legit sellers, they usually post them on their website somewhere.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022
Ooof did not know it wasnt in the us anymore, an is it too soon to say that AMD build looks nice an was also wondering if its possible to downgrade the gpu?
hope you guys like Noob ass questions.

an also thought micro atx were't exactly reliable for future upgrades?

KyaraM

Admirable
Ooof did not know it wasnt in the us anymore, an is it too soon to say that AMD build looks nice an was also wondering if its possible to downgrade the gpu?
hope you guys like Noob ass questions.

an also thought micro atx were't exactly reliable for future upgrades?
Well, let's clarify - it's not on PCPartpicker anymore, it might still be in some random shop online or some local retailer with leftover stock, but it's an old GPU right now and not one of the basic office PC GPUs like the 1030 for example, so availability is bound to be low unless you get a used one somewhere.

Is there something wrong with the Intel system, btw? It would certainly be the better processor. And since AM4 is at the end of its life, the Intel system offers the better upgradeability right now since Raptor Lake is compatible with a BIOS upgrade. Nothing comes after Ryzen 5000 for the AM4 socket, you can only upgrade to steonger 5000s.

About mATX, no idea frankly. There are decent ATX B660 boards around, though, and same for the AMD side.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/32...d4-atx-lga1700-motherboard-prime-b660-plus-d4
This would do, too, I think. Same price. However, I know that the MSI board linked in the build is pretty good quality according to tests, which is why I picked it.

If you think you will have more money for a GPU in the future or if you think GPU prices will come down, you could just use the integrated graphics in the CPU for a while and not buy a GPU now. Not all CPUs have integrated graphics.

Micro ATX is fine for a lot of users who aren't going to fill up all the slots in the board. You need to be sure any motherboard has the features you want....number and kind of drive ports, type of monitor connections; RAM slots, audio provider, Ethernet provider, etc.

Build quality can be shaky regardless of your choice. If you are a heavy duty overclocker, maybe you lean toward full ATX for a better VRM situation, but that's not you.

Solution
Mar 28, 2022
Well damn now I’m ina pickle,see my plan was to return this desktop computer I’ve just bought because I found out it’s motherboard is custom an I don’t think I can do any upgrades besides Mabye going from a Ryzen 5-5600G to a Ryzen 7
It has a Erica6 motherboard so it’s really custom for it,an on the other hand I’m being offered to buy a i5 with a gtx 970 with a 16gb Corsair ram,I don’t know any more specs atm because they gotta get back to me. I plan to return the desktop get my 600 dollars back an start saving again up to 1000,but I also have the option to buy some parts from Walmart an get a 10% discount on said parts.

Mar 28, 2022
My initial idea was to get a desktop computer that I can just slowly upgrade on the way,buy a part here an their,I’ve tried to research as much as possible I just don’t wanna screw up on a single computer component that isn’t compatible, man this computer talk can really be lengthy an I don’t mean bad by saying that,it just proves to me that I still have no idea what the hell to do.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c07094657

That's an HP motherboard; complete specs at above link.

Form factor

• Customized: 29.09 x 20.3 cm (11.45 x 7.99 in)

Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:

Processor​
TDP​
AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (Cezanne) 4.0 GHz base clock, up to 4.2 GHz max boost clock, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores​
65 W​
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G (Cezanne) 3.9 GHz base clock, up to 4.4 GHz max boost clock, 16 MB L3 cache, 6 cores​
65 W​
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G (Cezanne) 3.8 GHz base clock, up to 4.6 GHz max boost clock, 16 MB L3 cache, 8 cores​
65 W​

I'd get my money back if possible and start over...................from the ground up with industry standard parts, NOT proprietary.

Mar 28, 2022
its from a friend who customized his computer so its a custom built all id need is a new motherboard an the case is big so plenty of room inside it, an yeah i plan on returning the Desktop soon while im in the 14 days window.

TRENDING THREADS