Just curious...

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
I'm really just curious. I'm in Australia and the Region Code for Australia should be Region 4 but when I went to rent and play DVD movies I found out my DVD-ROM Drive actually recognize them as Region 2 so any Aussie round here can justify this for me?

You never know how stupid you are until you have done something stupid enough for you to realize it.

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Region 2 is Japan, Europe, South Africa, and Middle East. So maybe you have a region free dvd-rom. What dvd-rom do you have?

<i><font color=blue>There is no failure when you believe in success.</font color=blue></i>

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
No, mine is Asus DVD-E616 which is a RCP-2 but it can be reset by pushing both button during POST. And I know what Region 2 is but isn't it weird that Region 4 DVD actually shows up as Region 2? Even the cover states that it is a Region 4 DVD... or maybe the rental outlet is importing Region 2 DVD secretly...

You never know how stupid you are until you have done something stupid enough for you to realize it.

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Weird, check your dvd and see if it says region 2 on it. Just curious, what dvd are you watching?

<i><font color=blue>There is no failure when you believe in success.</font color=blue></i>

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
All DVDs I watched were Region 4, my PlayStation2 (PAL, Region 4, not modified) can actually play them all but I just wonder why my DVD-ROM read them as Region 2.

TRENDING THREADS