Just doing some venting

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016
So Amazon took my preorder for my ASUS X370 Pro motherboard and a new Ryzen 1700x a week ago which the website said was in stock. Come to find out today they're out of stock and don't have the items I ordered. The extremely helpful so called customer service rep gives me I'm sorrys and we'll ship it when we have it in stock again. WTF now I have a whole computer minus the most important parts that I can't use. I'll be lucky to get these in the next 2 weeks. Well thanks to their crappy customer service I just cancelled my Ryzen CPU and Mobo order ($570) and will be shipping all $1100 worth of parts I've already received back to them for a refund and will take my business some place else.

EDIT: Thanks for listening and all of the responses everyone. I didn't actually cancel everything. I've learned over the years not to make decisions while highly pissed. They usually end up hurting me more. Not to mention if I was to return all those parts it'd cost me around $100 to ship them back which would take that same amount away from ordering the new parts. I'll just wait impatiently for my motherboard and CPU to come in and hopefully scrape together enough money by then to order an SSD to round out my build.

EDIT 2: I called Amazon again today except I asked for the American customer service line instead of the default Indian line. Man oh man did the results change. The move both products to one day shipping, I got 1 month of free Amazon Prime, and a 30 account credit. They did some digging and I just got the confirmation email that my CPU is on it's way. Still waiting on the motherboard to come in stock but that'll be 1 day shipping as soon as they get stock. The rep also forwarded my complaints over the confusion of the website saying in stock when their initial pre order stock had already been used up. Hopefully they'll make things more clear in the future. Overall I'm happy enough and I'll probably order my SSD from them when I get the money.

genthug

Honorable
They were taking pre-orders. Them not shipping something out to you simply means that you were in the portion of the pre-order line where the original stock did not get to, would be my guess.

Good luck getting any Ryzen stuff elsewhere. Pretty much sold out everywhere you look. You likely would've had it quicker waiting on it from Amazon than cancelling an already placed order where you had a spot in line.

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016

I wouldn't be too mad had it said out of stock even a day after I preorder but it never said out of stock until today. I preordered on the 24th hence my gripe. They gave me a 1 to 2 week estimate for the CPU but unknown for the MOBO. hopefully that'll be in around the same time but my luck sucks so I'm guessing April.

user11464

Notable
Feb 25, 2017
this could be a good end-result for you anyways. why pre-order something like that? let other people build up some knowledge base and troubleshooting solutions for you. sit back, and relax.

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016
I was willing to take the risk. I specifically waited for Ryzen to do this build. It was going to be my bday present and the timing was perfect. Now I'll be lucky if I have my gaming/video editing pc by Easter. Their customer support is crap too. They offered me a $30 promotion card at the start and that somehow went down to 10 by the end of the call. I told them $100 discount and I'll forget the whole thing when they said no to any discount after i decided to cancel.

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016

How exactly was I rude? You can't advertise a product as in stock that isn't instock. Then decide to say out of stock on the day of release. All I wanted to know from customer service is what went wrong and when can I expect it to come in. Also, it was a 30 dollar store credit not a discount on a $1700 order. Not to mention I never turned down the 30, later on it changed to 10 somehow and then to nothing. Only after it changed to nothing did I throw out the $100 figure actually hoping for $50 which is more reasonable. So no I don't think I was rude it was only after they repeated the term out of stock to me more times than I could count that I got hot. My goal was for them to be more transparent on how their pre orders work and also if they're out of initial stock to say so on their page along with an estimate of when I'd get my stuff.

Judging by the aggressive replies and the "Just doing some venting" title I think otherwise....
All sites do that, they list in stock as soon as they get stock, then distribute them to buyers along a queue order.
Even in these posts you're being rude and demanding for not agreeing with you....
Calm down and just wait.

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016
Hence the venting. I didn't get rude to rep until they kept repeating to me over and over that it's out of stock like I couldn't understand what they were saying. This is the first time I've run into this type of pre order system. Any other product I've pre ordered worked like I thought this one would. The store page didn't help the situation by saying in stock pre order now and when it went out of stock it said pre order now and the item will ship when available.

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016

Yep, yet another hard lesson learned. I won't be cancelling the order that would just be dumb. Just one of those hot pissed off statements that when given time to cool off becomes meaningless. Not to mention I'd lose money that way since Amazon would charge me shipping for all the items I'd need to return.

genthug

Honorable
Possibly just bought it and now wants to resell it because something wasn't up to snuff, etc. etc., the one you're looking at though is a new dealer and as such I would not take that bait if I were you.

There's also something else to consider imo when looking into Ryzen: all of them are unlocked. Honestly at this point in time, the only thing I can see different in their specs is XFR. If you don't mind overclocking manually, I don't see any reason to get an XFR enabled processor.

user11464

Notable
Feb 25, 2017
Hey, it could be worse... I just sent my motherboard in for repair, and by the time I get it back, the CPU I chose may have dropped in price... not to mention I got all my stuff just in time to meet the deadline for transfering GTA 5 account to PC from console... and now that is ruined. LOL. I'm so pi**ed.

While it is true Amazon should not of advertised the parts as in stock, and confusing along with annoying this is what happens when most new bit`s of technology are released.

You were basically in a queue Jack it should of been obvious to you that the term first come first served would be the order of the day.

That what ever they had in stock for the official release date for Ryzen cpu`s and AM4 motherboards and what Amazon actually had in stock, was going to run out before the Pre order listing orders were all cleared.
Like what what was said they may of got to the pre order numbered list where you would of been Guaranteed the Ryzen 1700X Cpu and AM4 motherboard came back in stock from AMD and the motherboard manufacturer.

Two weeks if you already have a system you can use is no great loss to have to wait is it.
Imagine though if you sat out side the apple shop waiting for four days till the release of the I phone 8.
And lets say there was no numbering system or a Que system where the guy who was ten spaces behing you in the Que was given a I phone 8, and then they had no more Stock and you had to wait another week to Que again to try and get an I phone 8 again.

How upset and annoyed would you be in comparison Jack.
They say patients is a virtue. now because of such a rash decision you may have to wait more than two weeks to get hold of a Ryzen cpu and Am4 motherboard.
By doing what you did in my eyes put you in a worse place due to the impatiens .
But I do hope in the end you get your new Ryzen 1700X cpu and AM4 motherboard all the best anyway!

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016

I actually didn't cancel anything. Words in pissed of haste as I said above. As it stands I'm still in the que. As for waiting in line for days outside in the cold that would never happen with me as I'm too lazy for that. Only thing I want to happen is them to be more transparent because their wording is quite confusing. I ordered everything or so I thought to arrive within a week of one another. It was somewhat good planning as the original PSU I had ordered was no good, which I found out thanks to this forum, and I returned it and got a much better version that'll be here tomorrow. This is a PC build I've been wanting to do for years so yeah I'm a bit impatient. Still have the little kid at Christmas feeling about it.

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016

I know that feeling. I ordered a GTX1080 for this build and literally the day after I was charged and the package shipped the same exact card I ordered dropped $50 for a sale. A few more sales like that and I could have added an SSD to my build. Luckily I've asked for gift cards for my birthday next week so hopefully I can get that ordered before all the parts get here and then I'll truly have the system of my dreams.