Question Just finished assembly of an ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS wi-fi and it won't power up fully

Oct 29, 2020
When I put the PSU switch in on(1) position some lights turn on but not all and no fans.
There is a fade in/out multi-color light coming from the mother bord.
The status Q-LEDs are all unlit
The NVIDIA graphcs card status lights are on.
There are no statud LEDs on the front panel
Pressing the soft power button and/or reset buttons have no effect.

The only difficulty assembling the board was installing the AMD chip with the cam over center cooling fan. Each time I tried to install the fan, it shifted the chip around and took many tries to get in place and locked down. Visual inspection of the pins shows one pin very slightly bent, but there was no resistance putting it in the socket.

I was also confused about the orientation of the power on and reset connectors. The manual seems to indicate they go on horizontally, but it could be interpretted as going on vertically. The hot and ground pins are oriented so it looks like it probably doesn't matter.

Any suggestions?

Oct 29, 2020
Unclear. The slots aren't labled - at least that I can see.
Is A1 closest or furthest from the CPU?
Counting from the CPU and moving away, they were in A-2 B-2.
I just tried swapping them to A1-B1 (by that numbering scheme) and the result was the same.

The PSU seemed a bit oversized for this case and I had difficulty getting the wires in. I suspect that the force on the connecters may result in a bad connection.

Oct 29, 2020
I double checked.
There are labels on the figure in the manual (in 8 pt print) and I have the DIMs in A-2 and B-2.

It's behaving as though the case is at fault and the front panel connectors are not actually connected.

Pytheus

Prominent
Oct 28, 2020
Double check your power switch connection to the motherboard. Also, I've never heard of that PSU brand. Make sure the ATX power connector is properly seated as well as the CPU power molex connectors. Best case, either a wrong connection made to the mobo pins from the front case switches or loose connection. Worst case, your mobo is not posting cause it's damaged or the CPU isn't installed properly/ damaged.

Oct 29, 2020
The MOBO has a faulty CPU led that's supposed to indicate if the CPU is bad. None of those LED's are lit.
It definitely looks like a power/connection issue. I've triple checked and reseated all the cables.
I just got done with ASUS support and they suggest returning it the vendor - which is online.

I'm going to try resetting all the cables on the power supply first, in case on of those isn't properly seated.

I'm in the Philippines, different brands here.

Thanks for your time.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Oct 29, 2020
I've done that multiple times - on every connection. I had someone else physically double check the connections. I've been assembling electronics of various types, including soldering under a microscope, since 1976.

Supposedly, the fault LEDs should indicate that. Doesn't surprise me that they don't.

I've got it packed up and will take it to a local service shop and pay someone to check it out. If you're right they will have the magic touch and get what I have working.
If not they can at least identify whether the PSU, MOBO or case has a fault and I'll know which one to return for warranty replacement.

My suspicion is that I have a faulty power supply. Yes, I reseated every power suppy cable quite forcefully on each end and triple checked they were in the correct places. All the symptoms indicate the MOBO isn't getting full power.

Latest posts