Just finished building pc and it wont power on

Jul 16, 2018
i just finished building my first pc and when i hit the power button nothing happens... I dont mean it wont POST as it legitimately will not turn on, the motherboard has RGB and a power light that is stuck orange (standby mode) i tried shorting the power button but nothing happens. i have tried removing RAM and the video card to no avail. The post lights do not ebven light up to show a problem. Should i just take it in to a PC repair shop or does anyone here have any other ideas as to what could cause this?

Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor
Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING (WI-FI AC) Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card
NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
Take it apart and breadboard the motherboard outside the case with just the CPU/cooler, PSU, RAM, monitor (to iGPU). Momentarily short the two pins that the power button would connect to for starting. If nothing happens that way, I suspect a dead board.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Take it apart and breadboard the motherboard outside the case with just the CPU/cooler, PSU, RAM, monitor (to iGPU). Momentarily short the two pins that the power button would connect to for starting. If nothing happens that way, I suspect a dead board.

Solution