Just formatted secondary drive

OverratedRaincoat

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Hi, I have just formatted my secondary drive after installing the OS to a new SSD. I am not sure what I should do to the HHD (My secondary drive) because it is completely empty. How do I get to the point I can put games and other stuff like that on there?

Solution
You can choose to install them there anytime you want. I would also store any music, video, pictures, document, ect, on the HDD as well. No sense in clogging up the SSD with storage that you don't access very often. You can even create folders for those items, and change the default folder, in windows, to the new folders.

logainofhades

Titan
You can choose to install them there anytime you want. I would also store any music, video, pictures, document, ect, on the HDD as well. No sense in clogging up the SSD with storage that you don't access very often. You can even create folders for those items, and change the default folder, in windows, to the new folders.

Solution

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Reading between the lines, maybe you're drive is not showing up in Windows? If it's detected in the BIOS, but not available as a disk drive within the OS, you may have to initialize or assign a drive letter (or both) in disk management.

Open disk management (exactly how will depend on the OS) and your secondary drive should be visable. Right click on it & "initialize" if it's not already. If it is, select "assign drive letter", select a drive letter & ok.