Just got a Gigabyte 970A-DS3P AMD Motherboard need help

becksy513

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
so i have purchessed the above motherboard, it come with a disk for drivers and 2 sata cables.
could any of you gents reccomend the other vital components needed that would be compatible.

i am on a tight budget and i will be buying the components bit by bit. i would like at least 3 cores maby 4 for the processor and around 8gb of ram.

i would need a heatsink of course. im not sure what fits what so i need some help on that. also any cables i may need. i have a spear PSU for my E521 i could use, also i have a 120Gb OCZ SSD in my current pc i plan on using in the build (my first build) the ssd has win7 64 installed, is there a way to migrate the OS on my SSD to my new build wihout formating the SSD and installing again on the new motherboard. both motherboards use AMD chipsets i belive. The reason for not just reinstaling windows is that i have installed it on too many hard drives and its been blocked.

im going to need a new case. i want a cheapish case that looks good. do the cases come with power button/USB leads and psu

Also i purchesses a Asrock A75M-HVS motherboard, i decided to use the gigabyte because it had 4 dimms instead of Asrock's 2. was this a wise move.

thanks for reading.

becksy513

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Solution