[SOLVED] Just got a new motherboard, and can't get any video output

Jan 15, 2019
For the build I have
ryzen 3 1300x
16gb of ballistics sports ram
MSI rx 580
and the Asus tuf b450m plus

after installing the motherboard I tried to get into the bios to reinstall windows onto a new SSD I bought. At the moment I am getting no output from my video card or motherboard HDMI. I have tried moving the ram from slot to slot and moved to a single stick of ddr4 to test each slot on its own. But after about an hour of testing, I can't get any video output from it and am now looking for help.

Solution
Board or Card issue is also possible. Many people are reporting 580's with no video ouput , I had 3 - RX580's that stopped posting any video output. It was like the ports didn't sense any inputs.

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
Gee whiz people. The 1300x does NOT have a built-in IGPU. This is a Ryzen not a typical Intel CPU. I would bet on the motherboard being bad after all the steps you've taken. The Ryzen boards have terribad quality control and it afflicts all brands.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

Yes I KNOW stated it above!

Jan 15, 2019

so there is a good chance that I just got a bad board?

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
I had ryzen boards where the fancy LEDs would light up and fans was spinning, but nothing else was working. No beeps, nothing. The RGB lights are basically uncontrolled and will light up just because there is power.

jonaharkiay

Commendable
Aug 17, 2017

I had a motherboard that seemed to work fine, but was spitting out ram errors and wouldn't post. I thought it was the RAM, but I eventually found out it was the mobo. No real way to tell.
EDIT: Didn't see that it was the GPU being the problem, but mobo can cause errors to spit out for various other components just my $0.02