Just got back looken to buy new video card!

gamb1t

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
I havent been around for 6 months, just got back from army training. Im looken to buy a new video card. Right now i have a ATI Radeon 9800pro 128MB. Im a ATI fan and looken to spend around 300 or 400 if really needed to and its worth it. Im a gamer and play everything from fear, css, hl2, hitman, guildwars, damn near everything so give me the best for my buck please! I wouldnt mind an nVidia either. I been looken into getten a 7800GTX but i dont know what would be the best for me right now.

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
I havent been around for 6 months, just got back from army training. Im looken to buy a new video card. Right now i have a ATI Radeon 9800pro 128MB. Im a ATI fan and looken to spend around 300 or 400 if really needed to and its worth it. Im a gamer and play everything from fear, css, hl2, hitman, guildwars, damn near everything so give me the best for my buck please! I wouldnt mind an nVidia either. I been looken into getten a 7800GTX but i dont know what would be the best for me right now.

Please get us the specs of your system to better determine a possible graphics card for us to recommend to you :D

Chowganhime

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
For only $354 on Newegg with a $30 MIR so it ends up at $324, you can get an ATI Radeon X1900XTX, which is TOP of the line.

gamb1t

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
Well im buying a new cpu/mobo while im doing this also but im not sure if im getten a amd/intel but im an amd guy. But i heard the new intel duo core is whoopen amd so i dont know. what card should i get if i get a intel and what card should i get if i get a amd. Also is it wiser to spend more on the cpu rather then gpu. I feel as if games need more cpu rather then gpu but depending on what i do. But in general cpu over gpu?