Question Just got new RAM and now getting BSODs ?

Sep 28, 2022
Upgraded my ram and now I am getting bsods. Previous ram was Corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 2x8gb 2400 mhz. Upgraded to Corsair vengeance rgb pro ddr4 2x16gb 3600mhz. 2 blue screens so far were driver irql not less or equal and service system exception. I will try to post the dump files when I get the chance. Anything else I should post?

Upgraded my ram and now I am getting bsod. Previous ram was Corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 2x8gb 2400 mhz. Upgraded to Corsair vengeance rgb pro ddr4 2x16gb 3600mhz. 2 blue screens so far were driver irql not less or equal and service system exception. I will try to post the dump files when I get the chance. Anything else I should post?
Post the mobo you have and the bios level.

Sep 28, 2022
Going to be honest, I forgot how to share the dump files but I may have found the issue. I set the ram speed to 3600 in the bios. When left to auto, it chooses the speed of 2667. A few questions to start. Is this or could this be the issue, why isn't the speed automatically setting higher, is there anyway to get it to 3600, and is there any point?