Just-In-Time Debugging Message

Recently I sometimes get the Just-In-Time Debugging Message. It comes up at
various times but seems mainly on some web sites.

It asks me if I want to debug and shows a list of programs to pick to use.
In the list is only one with the name Microsoft in it. Don't know what it is
called and can't get it to come up at this time so I can see it and post it
here. If I hit Yes to debug, it takes some time so I cancel and close it.
Then it asks if I am sure if I want to stop debugging. So, now when it comes
up I just answer to No to it. It is becoming annoying.

What I want to know is where does it come from?
Is it a Microsoft Program?
Can you remove it or turn it off?

I can't seem to find much info on it.

Thanks,
Ed.

Open Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and scroll down
to "Disable Script Debugging" and place a check in
the box next to it. Then remove the check next to
"Display a notification about every script error",
then click Apply.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Ed." wrote:

| Recently I sometimes get the Just-In-Time Debugging Message. It comes up at
| various times but seems mainly on some web sites.
|
| It asks me if I want to debug and shows a list of programs to pick to use.
| In the list is only one with the name Microsoft in it. Don't know what it is
| called and can't get it to come up at this time so I can see it and post it
| here. If I hit Yes to debug, it takes some time so I cancel and close it.
| Then it asks if I am sure if I want to stop debugging. So, now when it comes
| up I just answer to No to it. It is becoming annoying.
|
| What I want to know is where does it come from?
| Is it a Microsoft Program?
| Can you remove it or turn it off?
|
| I can't seem to find much info on it.
|
| Thanks,
| Ed.

Thank you very much for the reply. I will do what you said to disable it.
Since you disable it in Internet Explorer, I see now that it must be a
Windows thing.

Can you tell me why this comes up in the first place? Will any harm become
of having it disabled?

Thanks again,
Ed.

> Open Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
> Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and scroll down
> to "Disable Script Debugging" and place a check in
> the box next to it. Then remove the check next to
> "Display a notification about every script error",
> then click Apply.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Ed." wrote:
>
> | Recently I sometimes get the Just-In-Time Debugging Message. It comes up
> at
> | various times but seems mainly on some web sites.
> |
> | It asks me if I want to debug and shows a list of programs to pick to
> use.
> | In the list is only one with the name Microsoft in it. Don't know what
> it is
> | called and can't get it to come up at this time so I can see it and post
> it
> | here. If I hit Yes to debug, it takes some time so I cancel and close
> it.
> | Then it asks if I am sure if I want to stop debugging. So, now when it
> comes
> | up I just answer to No to it. It is becoming annoying.
> |
> | What I want to know is where does it come from?
> | Is it a Microsoft Program?
> | Can you remove it or turn it off?
> |
> | I can't seem to find much info on it.
> |
> | Thanks,
> | Ed.

This is a second reply. I replied before I went and followed you
instructions.

I went to do what you said to do and my settings are already as said. Do you
have any other suggestions?

Thanks

> Open Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
> Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and scroll down
> to "Disable Script Debugging" and place a check in
> the box next to it. Then remove the check next to
> "Display a notification about every script error",
> then click Apply.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Ed." wrote:
>
> | Recently I sometimes get the Just-In-Time Debugging Message. It comes up
> at
> | various times but seems mainly on some web sites.
> |
> | It asks me if I want to debug and shows a list of programs to pick to
> use.
> | In the list is only one with the name Microsoft in it. Don't know what
> it is
> | called and can't get it to come up at this time so I can see it and post
> it
> | here. If I hit Yes to debug, it takes some time so I cancel and close
> it.
> | Then it asks if I am sure if I want to stop debugging. So, now when it
> comes
> | up I just answer to No to it. It is becoming annoying.
> |
> | What I want to know is where does it come from?
> | Is it a Microsoft Program?
> | Can you remove it or turn it off?
> |
> | I can't seem to find much info on it.
> |
> | Thanks,
> | Ed.

ludia80

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
Carey Frisch ???? what about Mozilla? every time i open Mozilla, the debugger wants to debug with visual studio every program i run...what can i do to prevent it? pls????????????????