Question Just installed a ryzen 2600 on a gigabyte b350 with bios update but still have a black screen. Help?!

HelloJon

Reputable
May 4, 2017
I'm not sure what to do now. I updated my Bios with a 1300x to v f42a. Everything was fine. I replaced the cpu and cooler, got everything plugged in right, but when u turned on my PC I just got a black screen. Sometimes is says no connection. Fans are spinning rgb and led is lighting up. I am really not sure what to do here and could use some help.

If you still have the 1300X, and it still functions, that would tell you quite quite a bit....(including ability to read which BIOS is confirmed installed prior to trying the 2600 again..)

Inspect underside of CPU for any damaged/bent pins, etc...

You did not mention a GPU, but, you'd have top be using one, presumably the same one as with the 1300X, correct? Monitor connected to GPU, not mainboard's HDMI, etc?

HelloJon

Reputable
May 4, 2017
If you still have the 1300X, and it still functions, that would tell you quite quite a bit....(including ability to read which BIOS is confirmed installed prior to trying the 2600 again..)

Inspect underside of CPU for any damaged/bent pins, etc...

You did not mention a GPU, but, you'd have top be using one, presumably the same one as with the 1300X, correct? Monitor connected to GPU, not mainboard's HDMI, etc?
I have an evga gtx 1060 super super clocked. Using a display port for the connection. The ryzen 1300x doesnt have any broken pins or anything. Cant really reinstall the old cpu because I dont have any thermal paste for it (if I need it).