[SOLVED] Just installed AIO, temps high on startup, cool down soon after

H3ndo08

Reputable
Sep 8, 2016
I installed NZXT Kraken z63 and it's running well...31C at idle and after some air bubbles in tubes/pump (which have now cleared) is virtually silent.

However, I notice right on startup that the CPU temps spike up to around 60C and the fans ramp up for maybe 10 seconds then calm down again as CPU reaches the idle temp.

Is there some settings BIOS that mean the pump doesn't turn on straight away or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Startup is a pretty hectic time for the CPU, its got to load a stack of things, so my 3600xt hits about 73c at startup but once things are loaded it goes back to normal. Have to think. everything starts then... no pre turbo mode where fans/AIO starts before cpu. So it takes a little time to circulate cool water to pump after that.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Startup is a pretty hectic time for the CPU, its got to load a stack of things, so my 3600xt hits about 73c at startup but once things are loaded it goes back to normal. Have to think. everything starts then... no pre turbo mode where fans/AIO starts before cpu. So it takes a little time to circulate cool water to pump after that.

Reactions: H3ndo08
Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Bios is roughly a 50ish % load on the pc. There's no power plan in place. It's not until windows loads that services and processes that were started, stop and the power plan / header settings / usb etc takes control and does what it's supposed to do.

Everybody's pc ramps up initially, and stays that way until the OS is running.

Reactions: H3ndo08