News Just Like That, Nvidia's RTX 3050 8GB Is Out of Stock Everywhere

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
This GPU is basically a paper launch at MSRP to make AMD look bad at lowest price point, which is not hard considering they did that themselves with the 6500 XT. But as bad as the Radeon GPU is, that one is in stock at under $280, while this nvidia one as usual it's already gone and you can only buy it a $450-$500 at which point you better buy the RX 6600.

MLiD explains the situation perfectly:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6R2_GEJVzw

InvalidError

Titan
Scalping a $250 GPU for $2000? Sounds fun, wonder if it'll actually sell when you can get many much faster GPUs for cheaper scalper prices.

Real availability may not happen until Nvidia re-launches the RTX3050 using GA107.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
Newegg shuffle was 10 different 3050 models today. All of them at the manufacturer's MSRP.
The moment I see Newegg Shuffle, I am expecting a very very limited supply. I don't think it is very difficult for Nvidia to launch a USD 250 MSRP card, with a drop of supply, then raise prices on subsequent "improvement in supply". The chip is not new because it is derived from the RTX 3060. From my observations, RTX 3060's supply is not that bad, just that the prices are outrageous. So I actually don't expect supply of RTX 3050 to be worst, though I fully expected the price to be close to the RTX 3060.
Where I stay, there are very limited RTX 3050 on sale, but despite the MSRP of USD 250, prices can be as much as USD 550 from a brick and mortar store. I suspect prices will still continue to trend upwards for the significantly marked up prices now, if the demand is strong.

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
The moment I see Newegg Shuffle, I am expecting a very very limited supply. I don't think it is very difficult for Nvidia to launch a USD 250 MSRP card, with a drop of supply, then raise prices on subsequent "improvement in supply". The chip is not new because it is derived from the RTX 3060. From my observations, RTX 3060's supply is not that bad, just that the prices are outrageous. So I actually don't expect supply of RTX 3050 to be worst, though I fully expected the price to be close to the RTX 3060.
Where I stay, there are very limited RTX 3050 on sale, but despite the MSRP of USD 250, prices can be as much as USD 550 from a brick and mortar store. I suspect prices will still continue to trend upwards for the significantly marked up prices now, if the demand is strong.
Of course it's not difficult to have supply at MSRP at least for a few days if they wanted (AMD did it with 6600/XT and now with 6500XT, but this last one is a different story), but it is "difficult" for them to actually sell at such a low price when they can do it for double the price or with higher tier GPUs even at even higher prices...

This is just for show. MSRP is a lie. All the new nvidia GPUs from now on, 3080 12GB, 3090 Ti, 3070 Ti 16GB, don't have and will not have an MSRP at all. Stupidity of customers and how much they are willing to pay is the limit on those GPU prices. Ngreedia X Bran Dead Zombie Consumers.