Question Just migrated Windows 10 from HDD to SSD

crazipowerz

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016
Used program Minitool Partition and it seemed to work. Now the SSD says system reserved, I can't see any files listed on it.

Secondly I was wondering can the HDD now be safely wiped?

I can provide any needed info just not sure what to in prep. Either way thanks for looking at this. I know it's posted before I just can't understand it I guess.
DiskMgmt Figure I'll include this as it seems most pertinent.

ktriebol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
I am not familiar with the Minitool Partition software that you used, but if you want to move everything from your HDD to your SSD, including Windows and all of your programs and data, the best thing to do would be to clone the HDD to the SSD. This can easily be done with the free edition of Macrium Reflect.

Reactions: crazipowerz

crazipowerz

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016
I am not familiar with the Minitool Partition software that you used, but if you want to move everything from your HDD to your SSD, including Windows and all of your programs and data, the best thing to do would be to clone the HDD to the SSD. This can easily be done with the free edition of Macrium Reflect.

It is the same type of program. I have completed it successfully the clone that is.
But the cloned drive says system reserved and wont show files.
Has me scratching my head as all else seems to have worked.

Thanks to both for the replies.
You guys are awesome.

Ordinarily, this partition does not have a drive letter assigned to it. You should just remove the letter.
Right click on the 'System Reserved' partition in the lower pane and select 'Change Drive Letter and Paths..' Click the 'Remove' button.'

USAFRet

Titan
Used program Minitool Partition and it seemed to work. Now the SSD says system reserved, I can't see any files listed on it.

Secondly I was wondering can the HDD now be safely wiped?

I can provide any needed info just not sure what to in prep. Either way thanks for looking at this. I know it's posted before I just can't understand it I guess.
DiskMgmt Figure I'll include this as it seems most pertinent.
In your Disk Management window, which is your SSD? Disk 1 or Disk 2?

Power OFF
Disconnect ALL drives except the new SSD
Power up.
Does it boot correctly?

And also, remove that drive letter A from Disk 1