Just ordered all the components in the black friday rush. Compatibility?

radu191289

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
Hi! Today is black friday in my country, as expected not all the components I had in mind were on sale so I had to swap some with others.
I hope I mixed everything right and will have no compatibility problems and everything fits in the case, but I am no expert.
Will you please help me and take a look at this list?

CPU: Intel i7-7700K
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P socket 1151
PSU:Thermaltake Smart PRO RGB 650W (full modular, active PFC)
Case: Deepcool Earlkase RGB (2x120mm fans, front and back, top dust filters)
RAM: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB), DDR4, CL16, 2400 MHz, Vengeance LPX
Cooler CPU: Deepcool GAMMAXX 300 120mm
HDD: Seagate baracuda 7200rpm, 64MB cache, SATA III
SSD: I already have one that will move in the new build.

You can drop them all in pcpartpicker.com to see if all is compatible and fits inside case. One thing I can already mentions is that if motherboard is shipped with old BIOS, you will not be able to run it with that CPU without BIOS upgrade, which can't be done without 6th gen CPU. But considering its been almost 10 months since 7th gen debut, I guess the chance for such unhappy event are slim.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Should work, though there is a bit of risk using a Z170 board with a 7th gen CPU. It may require a BIOS update to work, and that may only be possible with a Skylake CPU. (Worst case, take it a PC repair shop and see if they will flash the BIOS for you.)

Not sure about the case, but the Gammaxx 300 is fairly small, should fit in most caese. LPX means Low-Profile Extreme, so should work with 99% of coolers clearance wise.

radu191289

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
Thank you for such fast replies! About the mb, no info on the store page related to bios, probably there is info related to bios inside/on the box, there is a local store that can help if needed. I completely overlooked bios compatibility. Happy i asked here.

radu191289

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
I was wandering: Earlkase has a place to install DVD-RW in it?
The only reason I need it is to install my windows (genuine) but I think i can go make a bootable usb stick copy and use my key on it.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Their no slot for a DVD drive in that case.
If you already have a DVD drive you can build the PC hook it up to the board and power supply without installing it then install windows and unhook it.