[SOLVED] Just out of curiosity

mmolitor357

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2013
so when I just have my pc on or am on google my cpu and gpu temperatures stick around 85 to 100 degrees is this bad or good? Im not really familiar with what temperatures are considered safe depending on what you are doing. Also whats a good range of temperature when gaming?

Solution
Correct, there is a very large difference between 100F and 100C.

100F = 37.7C
212F = 100C

Nearly all PC hardware is measured in Celsius, as does most of the world. Fahrenheit temps are really just a US thing, along with miles instead of kilometers and pounds instead of kilograms.

Metric should be the standard - it is a lot easier to evaluate base 10 values than the obscurity brought on by imperial measurements.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer

100F = 37.7C
212F = 100C

Nearly all PC hardware is measured in Celsius, as does most of the world. Fahrenheit temps are really just a US thing, along with miles instead of kilometers and pounds instead of kilograms.

Metric should be the standard - it is a lot easier to evaluate base 10 values than the obscurity brought on by imperial measurements.

Solution

mmolitor357

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2013

100F = 37.7C
212F = 100C

its funny I totally agree with you lol idk why here in the US we do that stuff differently but its so imbedded in my head I can almost never comprehend Celsius. But thank you for helping me with my PC. like I know a lot about PC stuff but when it comes to temperatures I have no clue about it.

mmolitor357

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2013

100F = 37.7C
212F = 100C

I 100% agree with you with the metric system because man if Celsius is ever brought up I'm brain dead lol and that goes with PC temperatures to like I know a lot about PC's but with cooling my brain is complete mush lol.