Question Just pilled like a mouthful of gatorade on my pc and it shut off

Apr 15, 2021
Hi as u can see from the title, ues im careless i know please im. ot the most affluent or anything and it hapenned like 20 mons ago and im freaking out what do i do i turned it upside down and let it drain out and im leaving it theree now tp dry tomorrow im going to clean the motherboard which alcohol and then see if it works do you guys think the board is fried and if it is what else should i be worried about ( cards or cpu) please i need help

On your PC case or on your laptop?

In both case gatorade + electricity = not good.

No way to tell what is working and what is not working anymore.

If this is a PC this PC will have to be rebuilt from the beginning with spare parts to test which ones is dead.

Apr 15, 2021
its a pc from the top down some got through the fan vent and onto the motherboard not sure if any is on the graphics card cause i didnt see any reidue on it but some was on the motherboard ive tried to locate any visible signs but i havemt found any yet does there have to be a visible fried part also i dont have any spare parts sadly so i dont think ill be able to do that:(

USAFRet

Titan
If it "shut off" the damage is already done.
Doesn't have to be "visible signs", or "residue". Something shorted out.

The entire thing needs to be taken apart.
Each part cleaned individually with isopropyl alcohol. Not just wiping it off....actually clean.

Then, put it back together and see if it works.
It probably won't.

Reactions: Nemesia
Apr 15, 2021
If it "shut off" the damage is already done.
Doesn't have to be "visible signs", or "residue". Something shorted out.

The entire thing needs to be taken apart.
Each part cleaned individually with isopropyl alcohol. Not just wiping it off....actually clean.

Then, put it back together and see if it works.
It probably won't.
how do you suhgest i go about cleaning it and also usually for spills is it just the motherboard or other components that get damaged

Apr 15, 2021
A bottle or two of iso alcohol.
Bathe the parts in liberal amounts of that.

And there is no "usually". No telling what may or may not have been damaged or killed.
bathe as in fill it up in a container and soak them in there and what parts exactly sorry if im being annoyinh im just in a lot of distress right now and lowkey having a breakdown

USAFRet

Titan
What parts?
Take it apart, and see what has residue on it.

How much?
Depends on how much residue, and where.

This will easily take a couple of days.
Go slowly.

And you'll almost certainly be replacing some parts. Absolutely unknown as to which ones.

Apr 15, 2021
What parts?
Take it apart, and see what has residue on it.

How much?
Depends on how much residue, and where.

This will easily take a couple of days.
Go slowly.

And you'll almost certainly be replacing some parts. Absolutely unknown as to which ones.
ok ok im getting a picture now last question for the bathe do i fill a container with alcohol and literally dip and leave the parts in there and for how long