[SOLVED] Just purchased a pre built PC, would like some help

Aug 29, 2021
Hey everybody. I just bought my first PC and given the current market for certain parts, I ended up choosing a pre built. I was hoping some of you wouldn't mind taking a look at the specs and letting me know if there are any changes that I should make on my end that could help with performance (and to just make sure that the current config makes sense). Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
This is a link to the model I purchased: https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gaming-RDY-SMRVRG203

Solution
1. Power Supply. "Power Supply :: 800 Watt - HIGH POWER 80 PLUS Gold"
iBuyPower is well known for putting in junk power supplies. Only stating the wattage is an indicator of 'junk'.

2. Storage :: 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
Unknown what it is. May be good, may be junk. But you already have it so use it.

3. Liquid cooler. Where is the radiator placed? The case looks to be a solid glass panel on the front. If the radiator is there...substandard. But at least it looks cool. If it is top mounted, exhaust, not so bad.

USAFRet

Titan
iBuyPower is well known for putting in junk power supplies. Only stating the wattage is an indicator of 'junk'.

Unknown what it is. May be good, may be junk. But you already have it so use it.

3. Liquid cooler. Where is the radiator placed? The case looks to be a solid glass panel on the front. If the radiator is there...substandard. But at least it looks cool. If it is top mounted, exhaust, not so bad.

Reactions: M00NS
Solution
Aug 29, 2021

Thanks for the feedback. It is supposed to arrive on Wednesday. What should I look for on the power supply to see if I should replace it or not?

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks for the feedback. It is supposed to arrive on Wednesday. What should I look for on the power supply to see if I should replace it or not?
Look at the label.
Post a pic of it here.

It will "work" out of the box.
But a year from now, when you want to overclock and/or add a better GPU....problems may result due to it being janky.
"800 Watt" is meaningless. There are some 800 watt power supplies I wouldn't trust to run a desk lamp.

Also, check the actual assembly. We've read many reports here of things being 'not quite right'.
Put the system through its paces. If anything it weird...

Reactions: punkncat and M00NS
Aug 29, 2021
Look at the label.
Post a pic of it here.

It will "work" out of the box.
But a year from now, when you want to overclock and/or add a better GPU....problems may result due to it being janky.
"800 Watt" is meaningless. There are some 800 watt power supplies I wouldn't trust to run a desk lamp.

Also, check the actual assembly. We've read many reports here of things being 'not quite right'.
Put the system through its paces. If anything it weird...
Right on. Thanks for the advice. I'll post some pics when it arrives. Appreciate the feedback.

Pretty much with that power supply, replace it ASAP to be safe. I just put a Corsair rm850x in my system. As I understand that’s one of the better units you can get, I’d recommend to swap for something like that or a seasonic unit.

Like they stated above, it will likely be fine for a while but later on if that power supply goes out, then you could have other issues.

Sep 11, 2022
Hey everybody. I just bought my first PC and given the current market for certain parts, I ended up choosing a pre built. I was hoping some of you wouldn't mind taking a look at the specs and letting me know if there are any changes that I should make on my end that could help with performance (and to just make sure that the current config makes sense). Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
This is a link to the model I purchased: https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gaming-RDY-SMRVRG203
Hello! I know this is an old thread but did you end up getting a new PSU? I have the same issue, I have an IBUYPOWER pre build with what I think is the identical PSU, and am running into some issues upgrading my 2070S to a 3070. Was curious to what you did.

TRENDING THREADS