[SOLVED] Just put new MSI 1660ti overclocked edition in my PC and now my computer constantly blue screens and games crash.

Grant Wiley

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
I have updated every single driver in the PC multiple times and even disabled the drivers and went back to previous versions. I used DDU to do this. I have a strange feeling it has to do with the overclocking on the card?

I have an i5-6600k cpu. Gigabyte Z170N-wifi. Vengeance DDR4 RAM.

If you have any other questions about my PC let me know.

Solution
Have you updated the bios? Have you noted the BSOD error? if so it would be nice that you posted it. Have you had any other GPU before this one? If so, what GPU was it?

When you have a BSOD does it happen when you are playing / stress testing? Also, what MSI model do you have? Maybe, just maybe, if you're using the Gaming X and your PSU is not strong enough, it could be causing those issues, since that gpu has RGB lightning.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Have you updated the bios? Have you noted the BSOD error? if so it would be nice that you posted it. Have you had any other GPU before this one? If so, what GPU was it?

When you have a BSOD does it happen when you are playing / stress testing? Also, what MSI model do you have? Maybe, just maybe, if you're using the Gaming X and your PSU is not strong enough, it could be causing those issues, since that gpu has RGB lightning.

Solution