Just put together this extremely cheap pc

haider95

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Hey guys so today i finally modified the 250 watts psu i was going to use in my dx 2300 mini tower and gave it a six pin connector for the 9600GSO and surprisingly enough. I just averages 38FPS on Resident evil 5 benchmark at 1280x1024 and settings on high except AA. Modern warfare 2 runs a bit too smooth and Black ops *sigh* some problems occur, card slows down for a second then its all smooth again (What the hell is this btw? cpu bottleneck?) I'll be installing more games later on but for now these 3 should keep me occupied :) its a little old cheapo gaming pc hehe hopefully i can run some newer games on it (honestly can't tell the difference between 1280 and 1024 any more :| in case you're wondering what the specs are here you go

Intel E2180 Dual Core at 1.80GHz
DX2300 HP Motherboard 946 Chipset
2GB DDR2 PC 5300-555, 667MHz Ram
Un-named (Seriously no vendor in GPU-Z :/ ) 9600GSO 384MB 192Bits DDR3 Graphics card clocked at 725MHz and 1000 Shader
80GB Samsung Hard drive 2MB cache
Win 7 32 Bits
The story behind this computer is this. I used to kill time browsing websites trying to find the best yet cheapest components out there so when i would be allowed to work (Im not right now) id buy it. But 2 years passed and i was still using a crappy laptop. About a week ago my mum finally gave in to my begging and gave me 140 Pounds to spend on whatever. She expected me to buy a xbox. Yet i looked around and found the cheapest graphics card i could find and bought it for 15 Pounds. This 9600GSO runs at 50-60c at gpu tool stablity tests and surprisingly is at 43 after i quit a game and immediately run gpu-z. I'm so glad i didn't buy a console. I got all the parts for about 140 Pounds (Monitor cables keyboard mouse included) And im so glad i didnt have to buy a console. I'm happy with this and im sure i'll find a processor better than this one :) Thanks for reading dudes

i always love to see tight budget build :D

btw i see your PSU lacks power to feed GPU while playing games. what is your PSU actually? if it is unknown/bad brand/OEM...

then you should start looking for 2nd hand good quality PSU out there, corsair cx430 V2 is the cheapest one. the new one is about 25-40 USD. you should find this used one half the price

haider95

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Haha ikr i love it when a plan comes together ;) its not generic but it's not extremely powerful either. Its running the 9600GSO fine for now (card idols at 41c) system is cool to the touch. Its 250 Watts and no chance. I can't spend a dime on this for a while its just to get me back into the gaming scene (mainly minecraft and old games like RE5 and DMC series)

*sigh* some problems occur, card slows down for a second then its all smooth again (What the hell is this btw? cpu bottleneck?)
this is a symptom of insufficient PSU, while gaming, sometimes it get really intense and GPU draws really high power and if Power Supply cant provide it, the system will throttle down....
is it ok? NO, it can cause your system to fail altogether sooner or later :(