Info Just unlocked the beast, Vega Frontier Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
For a while now, Vega Frontier Editions drivers have only allowed for professional drivers. As a result you couldn't use wattman which is necessary to get the card stable with an air cooler even when you use the Adrenaline Drivers. Using a roundabout method you could load Vega 64 drivers, but it never properly used all that the card offers.
Turns out you can add a registry key to make the drivers use gaming drivers, have access to wattman, and use drivers built for the unique features of the card. The regedit is buried in the AMD support.

Now that my Vega FE has proper drivers, liquid cooling and excessive power capability. I can put the 13.1 teraflops and 16 GB of HBM2 into full effect.

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
I am doing that right now. I did the auto overclock under wattman to bump my clock up to 1680 mhz. The nice thing about being able to use the full interface verse only having access to fanspeed is that I can turn on the monitoring tool which shows GPU temp, clock, and wattage. There is an issue with the UI crashing continuously in game, but I think that has to do with AMDs system recommendations system conflicting with my antivirus. On restart the issue doesn't happen, and its only when I navigate to a screen that tries to access a certain site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS