Question Just upgraded my pc and the monitor and mouse/keyboard wont connect.

Aug 28, 2020
So I bought a pre-build from NZXT BLD and I just upgraded it yesterday and I ran into this problem. The ram, GPU, Kraken Cooler, and all fans are working (aka the rgb are on and the fans are spinning), but my monitor and mouse/keyboard won't connect.
Specs of the original NZXT build:
> CASE - NZXT H210 (White)
> CPU COOLING - NZXT Kraken M22
> MOTHERBOARD - ASRock Z390M-ITX/ac Mini ITX
> GPU(GRAPHICS) - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - MSI VENTUS OC
> CPU - Intel Core i5-9600K 6-Core 3.7 GHz
> POWER SUPPLY - Seasonic S12III 650W Bronze
> RAM - G. Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600MHz
> SSD - Intel 660p 1TB
> SERVICES - Standard
> SOFTWARE - Microsoft Windows 10 Home

And now I just changed the GPU to a Radeon RX 480 4gb, and the PSU to a High Power HPG-600W. This happened to me on another build when it crashed under heavy load but the problem was just the CPU. This morning I swapped the CPU out for the same model but just different physical chips and it didn't change anything. I had the same motherboard running an i9 but it wasn't meant for an i9 so it crashed a couple of times so I don't know if I burned out the motherboard after the last time it crashed but that's all the info I have. Please help.

ebosss03

Respectable
May 1, 2018
"had the same motherboard running an i9 but it wasn't meant for an i9." How the physical size of an i9 is bigger than the i7 i5 i3. I would check for any bend pin.

Aug 28, 2020
"had the same motherboard running an i9 but it wasn't meant for an i9." How the physical size of an i9 is bigger than the i7 i5 i3. I would check for any bend pin.
I looked at the pins when I swapped out the CPU this morning and nothing looked bad, and an i9 is the same size as an i5.

Aug 28, 2020
That would also happen if you remove all the pins from the CPU socket.
Ok I was looking at my mb manual and it says I just need to put the jumper on and wait, but since it was a pre build it didn't include the jumper. is the jumper usually on the motherboard somewhere else or does it come in a bag when u buy the motherboard?

ASK THE COMMUNITY