Just want to make sure everything is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denzof

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
Hey guys. So today Windows 10 launched :D. First thing when I woke up was to check the news about it and downloading the OS. I started here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and got the 64 bit ( I had Windows 8.1 Pro x64 ) and everything went well. My Windows 10 was activated but I wanted to do a clean install since my PC was messy had a lot of useless things on it.

I went to the Windows 10 reddit to inform myself of how to do a clean install and some ppl sad that I can "burn" the ISO form the installer to a USB. That was what I did but after the clean install my windows didn't activate even when I was connected to the internet. I searched a bit more and someone linked me to a post with Generic Windows 10 keys. I chose the one for me and miracle, Windows activated.

Sorry for the long story, but now for the question. Do I have the FULL LEGIT LAST Windows 10 version ? ( Should I fear that Microsoft will deactivate my Windows ? )

Solution

Mmm, probably not. You had one before you reinstalled it.
Windows 10 has a built in option to clean itself after performing the upgrade.

Solution

Denzof

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014

The thing I saw that there is an option to just clean it but it was later on, after I wiped the whole thing with the USB

Status
Not open for further replies.