[SOLVED] Just wanted to ask why there is only 4cores and 1 threads in my ryzen 52600?

Apr 21, 2020
pls help thanks a lot..i want to activate all cores of my ryzen 5 2600..i know that it has 6 cores and 12 threads.thanks guys.GODBLESS

Solution
pls help thanks a lot..i want to activate all cores of my ryzen 5 2600..i know that it has 6 cores and 12 threads.thanks guys.GODBLESS
In case the MSConfig setting is grayed or doesn't have all 12 CPU's (as far as MSConfig is concerned all threads are a CPU) available to check, also look at your BIOS settings. You'll have to find where the setting is or called just find it and make sure no cores are disabled.

If you're not sure how or don't like futzing around in BIOS you could just do a CMOS Reset; instructions found in your motherboard manual.
Mar 30, 2020
  1. Hit the windows key + R
  2. Type "msconfig"
  3. Select "boot"
  4. Select "advanced options"
  5. tik box label "number of processors"
  6. Select the amount of cores you want
  7. select "ok" then "apply"
  8. should give you the option to restart (click ok or restart)

this is what i've been doing but their might be other methods as well.

In case the MSConfig setting is grayed or doesn't have all 12 CPU's (as far as MSConfig is concerned all threads are a CPU) available to check, also look at your BIOS settings. You'll have to find where the setting is or called just find it and make sure no cores are disabled.

If you're not sure how or don't like futzing around in BIOS you could just do a CMOS Reset; instructions found in your motherboard manual.

Solution