Just watched BP Wakanda Forever.....on Blu Ray...and....

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
First let me say -- the blu ray quality is going in an awful direction for Disney and I hear their 4k BD's aren't much better. Anyway....all this is opinion of course.

So I still have not seen the first BP. As in my life Marvel/DC has fatigued be greatly since 2017ish. I just had the first in the mail, so couldn't resist seeing why it grossed much lower World wide then the first. Now I know.

That said I found the target exclusive of the first Black Panther for 8.99 free shipping on regular Blu Ray - arrived like it was 2018 all over again. So that is good, at least - watching it tomorrow sometime.

All that said, boy if didn't already think leaving Superheroes behind in cinema was a good idea, now I'm thinking if the first doesn't save it for me, in that era anyway, I am done for good. Why?

I love long movies, so the length was exciting for me. But pacing is key - BP 2 did not have good or even decent pacing. I felt like I knew what was going on - but wanted it to end. Movies past and present that were long to overly long that I love are. Titanic (1997) Elvis (2022), King Kong (2005, Peter Jackson) All those were 2 hours 45min, or over 3 hours by a good bit. Also of course Lord Of The Rings is in there and even Hobbit films, but they are kinda action packed so yeah...not the best example of "i love long movies" imo.

Which I added that last line because why they even tried to do another BP if the first was so good after the death of the star, is beyond....money? Gosh....I am just not mad but frustrated. As I liked the character in some of the comics I remember reading (just not sure the name(s) of the exact comics, been a while). I also gave DC a try (not Black Adam) with The Batman -- good film - but I felt they shoulda shaved some of the length -- for home viewing - as it dragged in spots, whereas Nolans last 2 that were also very long -- were paced much better. So in 2022/2023 viewings of these movies....its weird I'm saying DC won. As I loved X-Men/Spider-Man the most as a kid -- until my brother made me understand Superman actually existed in Bat's universe...haha now I'm a fan of those 2 esp. certain comics. Far as I'm concerned while not a MCU movie or DCEU/DCU the best film in the genre in the last hmmm 10 years was Logan. Which like Jackman I retired from the genre, until recently now I regret not - "retiring" for "good"....home Jackman and crew save Disney's awful decisions Star Wars now MCU....for me anywho.

1978-2017 comic book movies (for me) Superman The Movie - Logan - oddly first and last I saw in that time frame, and imo the best of the "2 big" ones.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
To be honest, besides the Anime movies I have paid a premium to get imported I don't own a single DVD or Blu Ray:unsure: I watch everything from streaming sources and rarely watch the same movie more than two times. As far as " quality" becoming lower, what do you mean? The movie's production value? I would have to agree that Marvel/DC are not all that compelling as they generally have to same shallow blueprint and don't portray the characters very well, but then again if you should how much of an ass Ironman is viewers would probably be clapping when he died.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
No I mean like quality as in transfer -- they say over on blu-ray.com or w/e on their forums Disney discs in general (esp. Marvel's) are going down hill. Now I see it. I mean the Blu Ray from the first > Wakanda -- also thats how the movie would be ranked for me too....

The 2nd was worth a purchase as I love physical media but yeah -- they need/and I think did sell some rights for releases from another company whom I hope do better physical media releases as there are many -- despite ppl denying it. Sales are low true....

Reactions: Exploding PSU