Juttering noise with new build

Backtothere

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
I got a new computer but it is making this rapid clicking noise that turns louder and quieter every five seconds at probably 40% fan speed. It could be any of the fans but I think it is either my stock intel fan or my GTX 770 superclocked (not overclocked) how can I turn the fan down to check and what should I do about it, its not loud just annoying for a brand new build

Adroid

Distinguished
Well you could turn the computer off and spin the fan with your fingers to figure out if one is rubbing. Be careful not to touch the share end of your heatsink etc though. You should also look for loose wires that may have haphazardly got caught up rubbing against a fan.

If you are prone to be clumsy and face plant on the PC you might unplug it first too.

If your CPU has on-die GPU you could also pull the graphics card out and try to run just off the CPU and see if the noise persists.

Backtothere

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013

The clicking noise was just that I forgot to take the fingerprint protective fan covers off but there still seems to be a small noise that nay be coming from the stock CPU fan or it could be any of the other fans I can hear it with my head inside the case so it's not really a problem, although I can't tell very well as there is a storm overhead now.

TRENDING THREADS