K6III 450 14.1" notebook w/ 8mb video, 128mb ram, Li-Ion, &

Status
Not open for further replies.

peach

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Hey guys, I custom ordered this computer from SUNREX* the week they started making it a couple years ago. God knows what it is worth. I hope not too much under a grand, but make an offer. It ain't like ebay wher ei kill your rating if you back out. Remember though, it has a 14.1 screen.

At the time I bought/used it it was absolutely the Bomb and only recently has it finally been not Tier one bcause of all the better video cards released. Remember, video is your weakest link on a notebook and i got this when the M1 was release, until less than a year ago, still the best notebook video card out there. The video card is, as is everything on this notebook, easily upgraded too, but already better or as good as 99% of the notebooks on the market. Just go to Dell, to get a notebook with the great video costs out the ass. Practially all the components (hd, video, cd-rom, etc) are compatible with generic notebook components and will work with this comp.

This notebook was the 1st to have 100Mhz bus and 8mb ATI Mobility 2x vga video card. I used it as a CAD workstation for almost a year. At the time PIII 450 desktops were the sh!t, and people were still bragging about their PII 300 notebook with crap RAM, crap bus speeds, crap video cards, and smaller screen. It was a year before Gateway even had anything that was comparable.

I will be up front though; if you are used to a 1.4 Athlon with megaram and gf2 ultra video as I have - it will still seem slow. Otherwise - this little comp kicks ass. I really don't need it anywmore and figure I ought to sell it. Here is a <A HREF="http://www.usasunrex.com/" target="_new">link</A> to the manufacturer's website - it is a Sunrex HB 850 AGP. I couldn't find it listed there any more. <A HREF="http://www.comelsoft.com/sunrex.pdf" target="_new">This</A> appears to be some other place selling them who knows when. Notice, some of my components were not even availiable here.

* Never heard of them?? Yeah, I know, I had never heard of them either - but I have used their customer support a few times and they actually rocked because they were not resellers but actually the people who designed the laptop etc. Very techincally inclined support group. Anyway, lemme know if you want to ask some serious questions. I have a ton of stuff I could throw in, case, mice, network cards, modems, etc. but no point if you don't need it, just let me know what you want.

Please guys, just make an offer. You might just be the one to steal this baby away.

<font color=blue>On company time..... :cool:

<b>Change the Sig of the week!!!!</b>

peach

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
what do u think a k6-3 notebook is worth???
Um look, I am really posting this to find this out. This forum and therefore obtaining this information is free. I want to know - what do you all <i>think</i> it is worth.?
check this out plz
I went there - why did you want me to go?

peach

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Thats pretty close to what I was thinking. Not that there aren't 450's to be had for 650, just they usually aren't 100mhz bus AND have the 8mb video. Any i was thinking about $750.

I take it that wasn't an offer yahiko.
Hmmm, while typing this message I just had a guy in my office looking to buy it. I told him Ii was asking $750. Any takers???

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
:( I don't have the money right now. I would love to get a laptop like that. You know just something to take to work and carry around with me. It would be nice but alas i spent too much on my desktop system.

:cool: <b><font color=purple>Change the sig of the week!</font color=purple></b> :cool:
And where's my COOKIE!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'm picking up a new laptop for a $100 trade in on a desktop. They spilled Coke on it. They were told by the manufacturer everything needs replaced but the monitor. Yeh right, when's the last time you got coke into a hard drive? Anywho, I think I can fix that one, otherwise yours would be worth a shot!

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!

peach

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Yes Sir!!! I would be all over that deal myself... Let me ask you though, what do you think is too low. Personally, I am not sure. I mean it is a used computer and all, but I hate selling it for much less than 750, especially for anything in the six range. But crap, the damn thing is just sitting here depreciating and I could have gotten over a 1000 for it 6 months ago (I figure) and to be honest I haven't used it in a year. What do you think?

Also - what kind of trade in/what kind of laptop and how ddi you get into that? I would love to try that myself. I don't know about yours but my laptop keyboard is competely removeable - i would have every reason to believe that is the only thing fried on it, and it is possibly salvageable.

That whole deal reminds me of a movie, I can't remeber the name but I thing it had Spader in it. Anyway, he spills wine on the keyboard and it pulls like a wierd science thing with this AI chick and all - maybe that'll happen when you boot it. ROTFL....

Status
Not open for further replies.