K7N2-Delta-L With Mobile XP2500

"Mike" <olboxman@ameritech.net> wrote in message
news:R6hid.19772$5b1.2837@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> Is anyone here using this combination? Pros or Cons?

Yes. Pros or cons vs. what?

"Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote in message

> "Mike" <olboxman@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>> Is anyone here using this combination? Pros or Cons?
>>

> Yes. Pros or cons vs. what?

vs nothing. the op didnt ask for comparisons. he asked for the pro's and
con's (good points and bad points) of the said setup

"Chris 159" <temp@cdelectrics.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mike" <olboxman@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>>> Is anyone here using this combination? Pros or Cons?
>>>

>> Yes. Pros or cons vs. what?
>>

> vs nothing. the op didnt ask for comparisons. he asked for the pro's and
> con's (good points and bad points) of the said setup

Oh ok, it's better than a Pentium 166 and not as good as an XP 64-3800+.

Mike

Splendid

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I had wanted to put together a system with the
regular 2500 barton but by the time I got around to it, the 2500's were
locked. Now I see that the mobile version is being used with good success on
most boards. I was only looking for feedback from those that have the
K7N2-Delta-L/Mobile XP2500 combination to see what performance they're
getting and whether there are any limitations with the MSI board vs. an Abit
NF7, Shuttle AN35N, etc.. Does the MSI bios allow the flexibility the other
boards do for overclocking?

> Sorry I wasn't more specific. I had wanted to put together a system with
> the
> regular 2500 barton but by the time I got around to it, the 2500's were
> locked. Now I see that the mobile version is being used with good success
> on
> most boards. I was only looking for feedback from those that have the
> K7N2-Delta-L/Mobile XP2500 combination to see what performance they're
> getting and whether there are any limitations with the MSI board vs. an
> Abit
> NF7, Shuttle AN35N, etc.. Does the MSI bios allow the flexibility the
> other
> boards do for overclocking?

I'm running a 2400+ mobile at 2.4Ghz. 200FSBx12 with 1.675Vcore. The MSI
board only goes up to 1.8V so if you wanted to get "crazy" it wouldn't be
your board but it works fine for a 600Mhz overclock. I also have 3 sticks
of ram (1GB) running fine in dual channel mode. I'm pretty happy with it.
I can't speak much on the other boards you mention.

HTH...